Saucony Virrata (Read 442 times)

link 

$46.88 before coupon. (worked for me 100 or so miles ago on my last pair)

Get off my porch

Runner Mike

YOu just missed a great sale at 6pm.com. I think they were $35.

Ebay is another source, just make sure they are new .... not used.

I wanted to bump this up again.  I'm shopping for new Kinvaras (or Virratas if I can find a good deal, would like to try them).

Just found a pair of Kinvara 4s on Prime for $53 (and of course free 2 day shipping).

Any other great deals?  Last pair I bought was from that 6pm.com site and they were $44.  I don't see them this time around though.  I think I need to stock up since I feel every few months the same old hunt resumes.

ultramarathon/triathlete

link 

$46.88 before coupon. (worked for me 100 or so miles ago on my last pair)

Nice work Oldman!  I just used your link and the FB15D discount code (15% off) and got a pair of Virratas shipped free for $39.

Kinvara on the way from amazon (I pressed order minutes before see your response) so I'll get a pair of those for $53.  Still a great deal!

Thanks!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

Now that all of the Virrata's are gone. What shoe to replace for a forefoot striking runner? Marathon in 5 weeks and need to get a shoe that will go the distance. Preferably with a wide toe box, that would seem to exclude any New Balance shoe I've ever tried.

Thinking about the Altra Instinct. (mostly because I'm cheap and will not pay retail)

Get off my porch

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Now that all of the Virrata's are gone. What shoe to replace for a forefoot striking runner? Marathon in 5 weeks and need to get a shoe that will go the distance. Preferably with a wide toe box, that would seem to exclude any New Balance shoe I've ever tried.

Thinking about the Altra Instinct. (mostly because I'm cheap and will not pay retail)

Amazon has the Virrata 2 for 49.99 right now.  I have bought a couple of pair, but haven't tried them yet.  I'm still wearing out my last pair of Virrata 1.

Runner with a riding problem.

Mmmmm...beer

I've found the Zealots to be just as responsive as the Virratas, but more cushioned and comfortable.  Still only a 4mm drop, so it hasn't affected my forefoot strike at all.  I've done a 50k in the Zealots with no issues. Being a relatively new shoe though, you're probably not going to find them on sale.  But they're the only road shoe I wear now, except for my race flats for 5Ks/10Ks.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mizuno'a Hitogami 2 (on closeout now at most places) sorta reminds me of the Virrata.

If anyone has found any other suitable replacements, I'd love to know.

Nick Nielsen

The altra one 2.5's are probably the closest you can get

Christrickery

Altra Torin 2 is my new go to shoe. Saving last pair of Virratas for races, don't love Kinvara 6--haven't tried 7 yet, also have Meb Skechers but agree w other comments.