Runningskirts (Read 2702 times)

True, running skirts are somewhat hard to find here in Europe. I have one from Nike and I love it. It's relatively short which is good because I'm short too and most skirts or pants are much too long for my height.

Thats my problem with 'long' thighs too...
      I'm only 5ft 1', and my legs are short compared to my already short stature.  So winterthighs are always too long, and capri's and 3/4 thighs too thin for winter months.

But now it's hot here... Belgium and the Netherlands seem to have the highest temperatures in Europe these days, around 28-30° C ((82-86° F) - which we normally consider warm in mid-summer.  So now I want to run in skirts, and I think I'm going to order a Gymgirl skirt...

Thank you all for your replies...

Running in Belgium
      Ann

I'm 152cm (4'11''?), so imagine that. My winter winterthighs fit perfectly, but that is because they are really 3/4 Smile.

Loves the outdoors

I love my Skirtsport skirts and find them very comfy. I prefer the compression shorts underneath and haven't had any issues with them riding up. I haven't been able to go back to the capris I always ran in before I discovered them.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Purdey

Self anointed title

they are sorta a-line through the skirt--narrower through the waist and hips, widening towards the bottom.  I have relatively small waist and hips vs. my thighs.

How YOU doin'?

I've got several skirts and love them.  Personally, I like my Nike skirt best because it's slimmer but I've got a Triks as well as Running Funky that are a-line.  I must have the compression shorts underneath because I stretch before and after and since I'm usually around my teenage sons baseball team, no one wants to see me in briefs.  Another advantage to compression shorts underneath is a pocket can be sewn on the shorts to hold your key, chapstick, gels, or phone.  You may want to try www.runningfunky.com because they will make the skirts to your specs regarding inseam and pattern; they have also sewed me a pocket on my shorts too.

someone gave me a champion. i ran in it last week and loved it. might just break it out at yankee homecomin 10 milah for distraction purposes. Big grin

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Active's Schwaggle deal today is the Kick Start skirt

http://schwaggle.active.com/deal/1415/29-dollars-for-the-kick-start-skirt-at-skirt-sports/chicago?cmp=24-3-05122011-555

mta: I have no experience with this skirt.

Now this is a black skirt that I would like to wear!

A pitty that the Dutch store where I could by running skirt doesn't have this one... My choice would have been made!

Running in Belgium
                    Ann

Ice Cream

Belgian women wear those odd short tights instead of regular shorts, as most of us do in the US.  Not to mention that the men wear capri tights now there, too...  I could not believe it, when I was there last winter. 

Well, although Belgian, I definitely DO NOT WANT to wear those short tights ;-)

I do have some wide thighs to hide ;-) (and a slender waist to show)

(I nearly always wear A-line skirts/dresses for that reason, only while hiking or running I'm wearing trousers resp. capri or 3/4 tights (since capri is 3/4 for me, and 3/4 means 'long')

Running in Belgium
                        Ann

Markniklas

good information...

I also like to wear skirts while i am running...

very comfortable dress for running...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Trigirl

I have several running skirts from Lululemon (www.lululemon.com) and although I don't really like them to run in, I wear them to walk my dogs and have found them very comfortable and stylish (sizes fit small as I take an 8 and normally wear a 4/small).  Currently they make them with bike short type underwear underneath but soon they are realeasing some with more of a normal underwear type bottem attached which I think will be better-I find if the skirts fly up now, the bike type shorts grab my thighs making for not the most pleasant view! lol.... Lululemon also have some great running shorts too!

2010 results: Muskoka long course: 2km-55km-15km- 1st in age group (qualified for Ironman Canada), 4th female amateur overall; Smith Falls triathlon- first female overall; 5 km Canada Day running race- 20:42 (fourth female overall). My first pure running race! Quinte triathlon 1.5-40km-10km Second female overall; Ktown triathlon -first female overall (2km-55km-15km) Mt Forest triathlon (500-20km-5km) 1st female overall; Brockville triathlon (750-20-5km) 1st place female overall

2011 results: (Racing with Piriformis syndrome-ouch)  Sydenham Triathlon- 1st female overall; Peterborough Triathlon-4th female (out of 185)and 1st in age group.....

#artbydmcbride

I have several running skirts from Lululemon (www.lululemon.com) and although I don't really like them to run in, I wear them to walk my dogs and have found them very comfortable and stylish (sizes fit small as I take an 8 and normally wear a 4/small).  Currently they make them with bike short type underwear underneath but soon they are realeasing some with more of a normal underwear type bottem attached which I think will be better-I find if the skirts fly up now, the bike type shorts grab my thighs making for not the most pleasant view! lol.... Lululemon also have some great running shorts too!

This makes no sense.   (that is you in the avatar, right?)   <don't make me smack you>  Big grin

Runners run