Today's stress free run (Read 514 times)

I'm just back from a low key run along the path by the Bronx River Parkway. I had to share the path with walkers, runners, bike riders and the occasional Canadian Goose, but all in all it was a nice shady run with rolling hills and little vehicular traffic. The patch crosses over the Bronx river at several points by way of small wooden bridges. I ran parrellel to the route of the Westchester Marathon (October) which is on the Bronx River Parkway.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      Sounds like a nice run! After reading your description, I realized that I had a stress free run today, too - I did a local "first annual" (meaning about 70 runners) 5K with a friend of mine who convinced me last night to show up today. Basically walked up, toed the line, ran, PR'd my 5K time by 7 seconds on a totally unknown, rolling hill type course. I guess I didn't have time to do my usual routine, which really means getting myself all psyched out. Glad you enjoyed your run today! Jeff

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

FastTalkingFatty

It's runs like this one that motivated me to add "carzy good" as a type of run in my running log. Don't you just love 'em?

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/