Why don't you vaccinate your kids? (Read 1573 times)

It is getting so freaking hard to find NON anti-bacterial soap at reasonable prices any more.  I have to go to a store 3 towns over to get some.  My son was a pacifier baby and I used to see parents freak out when he would drop it, grab it and shove it back in.  Really? (and I love how the mom's mouth is somehow cleaner than the floor).  My daughter was a thumb sucker and I guarantee she went from crawling to sucking without purell.  I may be the only mom in my town who does not carry purell in my purse.  (or carry a purse for that matter).   I have even been so radical as to take my kids to the park for a picnic and let them play on the playground before eating.  Without purell.  HOLY MOTHER OF GD!

But yes, they are vaccinated.   Even though my son get an ear infection after the DPT shot every damn time.  Hmmm...3 nights of misery vs. Diptheria. It's a tough call.

Isn't "anti-bacterial soap" a marketing ploy?

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Another purely anecdotal point regarding allergies, very few in India have allergies (well not counting asthma due to dust/pollution), however quite a few of them or their kids have developed allergies to grass, pollen, insect bites etc. Granted we may not have as much grass or a different kinds of flowers back there, but  I think living in a cleaner/sterile  environment does contribute to the allergies.  Maybe it's something else entirely,but I am convinced it's our environment contributing to this.

I believe studies have shown living with a pet - i.e. more dirt - lowers allergy risk.