Why don't you vaccinate your kids? (Read 1573 times)

Hey, nice marmot!

Vaccines are such a contentious topic. 

Why don't we discuss something more lighthearted? 

How about:  Circumcision:  Horrific Genital Mutilation or Public Health Godsend?

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Purdey

Self anointed title

I don't think anybody should be vaccinated - we should use our bodies immune system to its potential. Vaccines are weakening us.

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, purdey - c'mon now - the truth is that in that debacle of bureaucracy that is socialized medicine in britain, by the time a kid gets to the front of the line for a vaccine, he's ready for his A levels.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Purdey

Self anointed title

The NHS is actually extremely efficient.

I don't really (totally) believe that vaccines are evil. Sometimes I just feel like rolling a grenade into a crowded room and standing back.

"run" "2" "eat"

you're a bit scary.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

My DH has had shingles and several flare-ups of it - nasty, painful.

His cousin and brother picked up chicken pox as adults - they were very sick.

Now that I know there is a shingles vaccine (and how does that work if you are already infected with the real deal?), I'll try to get him to get it.  He's afraid of needles tho....the wuss.

Can we move onto circumcision now?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

how does that work if you are already infected with the real deal?

It boosts your immunity, which likely drops over time.

"run" "2" "eat"

teresa said, "I'm getting it the second I turn 60. "

why wait?

More capital letters, R2E? You feeling okay?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Treadmill Addict

It is not given to babies.  My daughter is 12, and she'll get the vaccine in a year or so.  It's a conversation you should have with your children's pediatrician.

Yes, it is. Hep b vax is given to newborns. I had to sign a paper to refuse it for each of my babies.

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

You'll ruin your knees!

why wait?

Senior citizen discount

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, borkin - thanks for asking. i think perhaps i am behind on my vaccines.

behind? vaccines? hahahahaha! yeah.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

why wait?

That's when my doctor recommended it.

"run" "2" "eat"

i thought maybe it was something about the vaccine only working if administered precisely when one ages to 60 and seeing as how i was born at 12:15AM (<-- caps!) this was maybe going to be a bit of a hassle.

Prince of Fatness

12:15AM (<-- caps!)

You are cracking me up today.

Not at it at all.