Date Field Error When Entering New Run (Read 424 times)

I'm having an issue uploading my new runs from my FR405! It must be a bug specific to this (older) account, because I had created a second account, and was uploading my most recent runs from my 405, and it worked perfectly on that new account.

I'm trying now to load those same workouts onto my old account - it communicates, displays my runs but then it shows 2.15.10 as the date for all of them. That happens to be the day I first experienced this problem on this account. And when I click the disk icon (to save a workout), it opens the data entry screen like usual for the run, it shows 2.15.10 in the date box, but the date field is faded and outlined in red. I'm able to edit everything on the page, except the date. And when I hit "Save" - it pops up saying I must enter a date.

What did I do!? This is really frustrating and I don't know where it came from. Like I said, there must be some kind of bug or error specific to this account - because I had opened a brand new one 4-5 days ago, and have uploaded runs to that new account (from 2.15.10 and on) with no issues whatsoever.

Anyone had this problem? What did you do to fix it? I don't want to have to transition to the new account as I'll lose almost all my past run data!

I've tried restarting my web browser, using a different browser (Firefox instead of Safari), signing in and out of RA, and restarting my entire computer!!! None of this has helped.

Thank you!

2012: Just run.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Any chance you're in a locale where that isn't a valid date? You could try changing it to 15-02-10 as a test.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

Any chance you're in a locale where that isn't a valid date? You could try changing it to 15-02-10 as a test.

You are very close to the problem.

The problem is that the custom date format field in Options -> Locale Settings is set to "2.15.10".  Simply clear this field to fix the problem.

Oh my gosh! Loves Dogs, you're a genius!!!! Thank you!

Haha!!! So, I looked at my "locale" settings page, and recalled that a few days ago (hm...,2.15.10) I had entered a preference for my "short date" format field. I had typed "2.15.10" thinking I needed to type an example (being the date it was) to tell the system how to display dates...well, little did I know, I was supposed to type "mm/dd/YY" NOT actuale numbers.

Well, took that 2.15.10 out and voila -problem solved.

Thanks again! Who knew, clearly, not me!

Thank you both a million, that made my day!!!!

I was starting to get really worried. You know that feeling you get when you suddenly realize that your running log account is possibly broken? Not nice. Haha. Thanks again.