Not finding anything in Find Routes (Read 1130 times)

Prince of Fatness

When I try to find routes I don't see any icons to click on. I tried my area and a couple of other cities. I can create routes fine. # the exact error message that you encountered No error message appears, that map just doesn't show any routes. # a list of steps to reproduce the error Go into Find Routes and zoom in to any city. I tried Allentown PA area and Nashville TN area. # name of your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) Firefox # version of your browser 3.01 with Adblock and NoScript (the plugins don't show that they are blocking anything. # name of your operating system (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 98, Mac OS X, Linux) Windows XP Professional # version of your operating system. Service Pack 3 I'm also running Norton Internet Security. Thanks. I also plan on trying another machine when I get a chance.

Not at it at all. 

De-slacking in progress

I don't see any icons anywhere either

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi I checked out Nashville and see a lot of routes around the Iniversity, in the downtown area and around several parks - the routes take a while to load and the site only seems to show a finite number at any one time (when the University routes show up, the park ones disappear!). But ... the routes are there ... IE6, W2000. Neil

Running ... just keep running!

Prince of Fatness

I tried another machine at work and got the same results. Everything is the same on the other machine except for it does not have Norton on it. I got the same results. When I move around on the map the status on the right says "Loading Maps" but quickly (less than a second) changes to "Done".

Not at it at all. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I don't see anything, either. MTA: IE6, Windows XP Pro
            Carrie Lorton

I can't see any routes either... (Oxford, UK)
              Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I can't see any routes either... (Oxford, UK)
                Weird ... I try Oxford, UK and routes appear almost straight away. Firefox 3, Windows Vista. This needs the 'power of Eric' to resolve! Neil Confused

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

It also seems to be a function of how close in you are zoomed. At the closest level on Allentown (for example), I see nothing. However, zoom out two levels (and wait several seconds) and a bunch of routes show up east of Dorney Park. It does take a few more seconds for the icons to show up after the "Loading Maps..." / "Done" messages finish (the ones above the top right corner of the map, not the IE "Done" at the lower left of the screen in the status bar). It could be that nobody from RA likes to run in that particular part of Allentown Big grin. Same thing with Nashville that Neil found - zoom in close on the center of Nashville and some routes appear. Zoom out, and the routes in the center disappear while the routes near the campus show up. Try zooming in / out and see if that changes anything for you Note: XP-SP3, IE 7 (no Firefox @ work) MTA: As you zoom out the message at top right says "Please zoom in to see more maps", indicating that there are more available that are not displayed.
                  Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

It also seems to be a function of how close in you are zoomed. At the closest level on Allentown (for example), I see nothing. However, zoom out two levels (and wait several seconds) and a bunch of routes show up east of Dorney Park. It does take a few more seconds for the icons to show up after the "Loading Maps..." / "Done" messages finish (the ones above the top right corner of the map, not the IE "Done" at the lower left of the screen in the status bar). It could be that nobody from RA likes to run in that particular part of Allentown Big grin. Same thing with Nashville that Neil found - zoom in close on the center of Nashville and some routes appear. Zoom out, and the routes in the center disappear while the routes near the campus show up. Try zooming in / out and see if that changes anything for you Note: XP-SP3, IE 7 (no Firefox @ work) MTA: As you zoom out the message at top right says "Please zoom in to see more maps", indicating that there are more available that are not displayed.
                    Good thought ... I wondered if that was the problem .... but Oxford, UK seemed to have routes showing at the current zoom level ... might be worth a try though! Neil

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I tried zooming in at different levels, but stil don't see anything. I know it used to work!
                      eric :)

I tried out the Find Routes functionality just now and everything seems to be working. I even went to Nashville. Were you zoomed all the way in? There are so many maps on RA that I had to limit the number that are displayed when you zoom out. Otherwise, it will take a long time to draw the map markers. I need to restructure the database to better handle the number of maps. Right now, if several people are searching for maps, it may bog down the server so much that it doesn't have a chance to send back the results. It could be what you're experiencing. eric :-)

Prince of Fatness

I zoomed all of the way in to a route that I created a couple of days ago and it didn't show up. Originally I was just looking around my area to see what routes were there ... nothing overly important. Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I still can't see my routes or any other ones, and I've tried quite a few times. Strange!
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

I tried out the Find Routes functionality just now and everything seems to be working. I even went to Nashville. Were you zoomed all the way in? There are so many maps on RA that I had to limit the number that are displayed when you zoom out. Otherwise, it will take a long time to draw the map markers. I need to restructure the database to better handle the number of maps. Right now, if several people are searching for maps, it may bog down the server so much that it doesn't have a chance to send back the results. It could be what you're experiencing. eric :-)
                              It's not working for me either. I'm at work and on IE6. When I first loaded up the "find routes" tool my maps were showing. I scrolled up to where Theresa's maps were, and didn't find any. I scrolled back to where my maps were, and didn't find any. Even zoomed all the way in. They were public maps, though my log is currently set to "private." Teresa's public maps didn't show and she's got her log public. What I'm seeing is I'll go to a spot and it tells me to zoom in for more maps. I do. There are no maps showing. It tells me to zoom in for more maps. I do. There are no maps showing. Process repeated until we're all the way zoomed in. Then it just says "Done." No maps showing. When I say "no maps showing" I mean that the little red thumbtacks aren't on the screen. Hope that helps!

Roads were made for journeys...

Imminent Catastrophe

No routes for me either, both Firefox and Safari. I'm zoomed in pretty close and I know there were routes there a couple of weeks ago. It says loading maps...then done almost instantly, but no routes.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016