Arm & Hammer Essentials (Read 821 times)

Marquess of Utopia

Anyone used Arm & Hammer Essentials for washing their sportswear? I'm washing my softshell jacket and my Sporthill XC pants tonight so I'll let you know how it goes. Arm & Hammer Essentials: no phosphates, no bleach, no petroleum- based cleaners, no added dyes, "virtually no residue". I read a review that it keeps polyester from smelling so fast because there aren't residues that lock in odors. It's clear and looks just like my free sample of Penguin Sport Wash. http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/gear-blog/20050624.html
      "I read a review that it keeps polyester from smelling so fast because there aren't residues that lock in odors."
      hmmmm I always wonder why these tech shirts smell funky... I wear lots of polyester dress stuff and it never gets funky smelling like poly tech stuff. Cotton doesn't seem to get the same funkness as poly in my case.

Vim

obiebyke

Huh. I'd never heard about this before but just looked it up. Cool! Maybe my sports bras could hang on a little longer! Eispickel, let us know how it does. Also, I always use unscented laundry detergent because, especially with workout clothes that are rubbing right against my sweaty skin, perfumes tend to irritate. I'll be interested to know what the scent of the stuff is like. That Penguin Sports Wash looks cool too.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I'm a huge fan of Penguin Wash. My DW complained constantly that my running clothes used to always stink even after being washed. Using that stuff, even she's happy with it!
            I have been using Arm & Hammer essentials to wash all my running clothes for over a year now (along with some added baking soda for insurance), and I no longer have that funky smell, even if I leave my sweaty clothes in the hamper for a few days. Earlier I was using tide and even with a rinse after a run they smelled awful. I have read that its the animal fats used in regular detergents that gets trapped in technical clothes that cause the smell.
              I have only one of those tech shirts. Seems like I can just have washed it and put it on and it smells already. Thought it was just me. I never knew that was a problem for other people. I use Tide with Febreeze but that doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I'll have to check into Arm & Hammer.
              Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers