Arrrrghh...Talk like a Pirate day is coming (Read 927 times)

xor

Rackham Sackham Robot.

Imminent Catastrophe

I was going to get a pirate name for you, but pink was not an option.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Iron Roger Roberts

I'm changing it to Rotten Richard Nasty

Now I'm going to Arrrrrrrrrrrrrbys for meat!!!!!!!

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Bloody WIlliam Kidd

Wow, that's weird, considering that the original Captain William Kidd is known to have frequented my hometown, and is rumored to have left buried treasure on a small island just offshore, on his last visit before being arrested and tried for murder in Boston in 1699.  And nowhere in the pirate name generator did it ask where I was from.

C-R

Dread Pirate Flint - I guess I need to audition for the next local version of Treasure Island. Avast Ye

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Red Ethel Rackham

I like it, I've posted it in my workspace and now am insisting that employees use that name or else I shall ignore them.

Maniac

Red Ethel Rackham

I like it, I've posted it in my workspace and now am insisting that employees use that name or else I shall ignore them.

We should get a Rackham family reunion together or something....Seems like half of the people on here have that last name.

MTA:  The "Kidd" reference earlier made me think that perhaps the surnames are all real pirates.  I'm not up on Pirate history (I know, a flaw in my personality), but I did find this:

Ahoy There. I´m Captain John Rackham, and I´m Twice the Dandy You Are

Though perhaps best known for his association with female pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read, John Rackham´s exploits merit more than a passing consideration. He stood out for the flamboyant finery he wore -- the name "Calico Jack" came from his tendency to dress in calico coats and britches-- and he was also known for his innovative Jolly Roger design that he flew. More significantly for pirate afficionados, he did manage to plunder his fair share of shipping prizes.

Read more: http://latinamericanhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/pirate_captain_jack_rackham#ixzz0RNsQBWMj

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Top 'O the World!

Your pirate name is:

Captain Ethel Bonney   AARRR! Where be the rest 'O me smarmy clan?

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Hello my name is:

Bloody Anne Kidd

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Must practice swagger while walking down the hall at work today.

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                        Dirty Davy Rackham
                        Marathon PR 3:25:23 http://26point2medals.com/metals.html
                        redleaf

Iron Bess Bonney

Another Bonney here....

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Iron Bess Bonney

Another Bonney here....

And now I have a kid sister to pick on too...excellent...arrrrr!!! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

chrimbler

Iron Harry Rackham

They asked if I'd ever been blown ashore....I said No!...but I've been F#@ked at sea!!!

Run like you stole it!
                              oregonbonney

Hey, we have the same last name?  Are you another kid brother I can push around?  Awesome! Big grin

ARRggg,

Every day is talk like a pirate day for me!

Hey......... is everybody a bonney here???