Dorchester, MA (You know, with the New Kids on the Block) (Read 512 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I'm staying with my sister for the next week or two in Dorchester while I'm waiting to stop being homeless. I don't know the area well, and I'm not sure how safe it is. Is there anyone in the area that can give me tips on where to run? (or who wants a running partner for a few runs - I usually do most of my runs at an easy 9-9:30 min/mile pace - feel free to check out my log for more details).
    mikeymike

Where in Dorchester? I'd probably run out by the water--go out to Columbia Point and run north along Carson Beach, to L St beach, etc. You can go all the way up and around Castle Island and back without crossing a street if you want.

Runners run

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Where in Dorchester? I'd probably run out by the water--go out to Columbia Point and run north along Carson Beach, to L St beach, etc. You can go all the way up and around Castle Island and back without crossing a street if you want.
        Thanks Mikey! I'll be at Florida St (Near Ashmont and Adams St) - maybe 2 miles from Columbia point. I'd have to run through Savin Hill and Fields Corner to get there - how are those neighborhoods? How is Pope John Paul II Park?
        mikeymike

Not too sure--I don't know Dorchester that well but I run in Southie a lot. I think the farther you are from Blue Hill Ave to the West and Mattapan to the South, the better off you are.

Runners run