So where have I heard this before??? (Read 368 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Of course I haven't posted here for awhile. But to be honest I truly thought you toilet vultures would have at least referenced this article in my memory...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/science/human-running-speed-quadruped.html

The only difference between Weyand's research and mine, is that mine can actually teach a runner to improve in speed...

But human nature to challenge is of course our fight or flight reflex, not learn. Especially since not one barfer here knows anything more than Salazar or anyone else in the world of coaching.

And if you're wondering why I haven't posted in awhile, I've been busy. You see, I was invited by the head of combat training for SEAL Team 6 to have my training techniques analyzed by them. In their labs, I conducted oxygen consumption studies, Force Plate measurements, as well as biomarker analysis to compare my technique for their combat use.

It went very well...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Toilet vultures is your greatest contribution to this site

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

omg it has internet privileges again!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Since we have only two legs, and that doesn't look like it's going to change in the near future, this may be more relevant:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17549657

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/ground-contact-time-and-running-performance/

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Of your links, not only were both a complete joke, but this farce is utter garbage; "You are only moving forward when airborne. So the more time you spend airborne and the less time you spend on the ground, the faster you run."

Um, science says that when you're airborne, you're actually slowing down, not moving faster. All speed is generated through ground contact. The definition of running is to generate enough power whereas both feet leave the ground. Hopefully that expenditure is sufficient to propel you up and forward. But once your feet leave the ground, your acceleration, while enough to push you airborne, begins to decrease at the moment of foot release until you hit the vertical apogee in your pendulum arc and descend.

But if you want to keep the topic simplistic, if speed is stride length times turnover rates, then increasing stride length is your primary focus of biomechanic skill improvement with the greatest return benefit. If biomechanic alteration of your posture can increase your stride reach, then science says as a bipedal athlete doubling your stride length is possible.

Also contact power generation can only be increased through increasing contact time. If you want to think in terms of engines, a gasoline engine derives power by high RPM, which is what coaches preach in turnover. But if you take the diesel engine approach and focus on increasing ground contact time, you can generate more speed through optimizing the torque generation of tendon efficiency until you need to push off.

Your posted study validated that exact fact and why I teach the techniques which optimizes horizontal energy expenditure rather than wasting it on vertical displacement. I’ve written that the best American runners push themselves up four inches per step while the elite only lift ½-3/4 inch.

If Weyand or anyone else actually took the time to ask an ostrich how they run, they prefer to focus on developing the slowest turnover rates possible to increase ground contact time, which is why they expend 35% less muscle energy to move the same amount of weight.
            https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21030429

Preaching forward lean will not only slow you down but decrease your stride length. It forces you into quicker turnover rates to compensate for the increase outward rotation of the foot necessary to maintain balance. Which even more sad of your vulture reality is the simple rebarfing of the uselessness of Chi Running. "Also try tilting your whole body very slightly forward from the ankles (not the waist!)" Funny that when you read a plagiarized statement barfed years ago, that you lack the skills or intelligence recognize it…

"most runners lean forward but they tend to do it from the waist. In chi running, the forward lean should come from the ankles instead. This forward lean means that the runner is essentially falling forward which takes no energy and is one of the reasons chi running is said to be energy efficient.

https://www.hfe.co.uk/blog/principles-benefits-chi-running/

Dreyer never coached an athlete to win Boston, and neither will your useless fool. And if you think Fitzgerald is intelligent, then neither will you.

In fact if you want to learn more about forward lean and why it increases your risk of in shin splints read that topic post of mine.

Of course, the biggest joke to the toilet vultures is that I've been regularly accused of refusing to have my techniques tested. Which publicly is no longer true and of formal military record. Which explains why for some reason, the vultures are silent...

And since I've also been told that if my techniques truly were more efficient that nobody would turn down the opportunity to learn from me, I’ll take this opportunity for any vulture to prove their pathetic worth. Since your garbage man thinks he understands running, why don't you contact him and ask to have my techniques tested and publicly validated or discredited.

I can teach anyone to run 20% faster mimicking T-Rex running mechanics. I can prove reduction in wasted energy expenditure in vertical lift. I can prove a direct measurable improvement in locomotion economy. If Weyand, or your pathetic fool Mr. Fitzgerald were truly interested in improving running performance ask to contact me if they have the guts.

It’s been said that there is no conspiracy to prevent athletes from learning what I teach. Now here’s your chance to contact those individuals and challenge them to test me because I’ll gladly prove what I teach works for anyone. And now I have the clinical proof to back me up when they refuse, you'll know its because they refuse to admit in print I know more than they do.

That you all post here wanting to run faster yet think listening to the same barf regurgitated by people with barstool educations in human biology will give you the advice to do it, only leaves me laughing my ass off to be honest.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Lane

Dreyer never coached an athlete to win Boston, and neither will your useless fool. And if you think Fitzgerald is intelligent, then neither will you.

I can teach anyone to run 20% faster mimicking T-Rex running mechanics. I can prove reduction in wasted energy expenditure in vertical lift. I can prove a direct measurable improvement in locomotion economy. If Weyand, or your pathetic fool Mr. Fitzgerald were truly interested in improving running performance ask to contact me if they have the guts.

Is that the standard now?  If you coach an athlete to win Boston you are a good coach and if not you're a useless fool?

Unrelated question: Which athlete(s) did you coach to win Boston?

Unrelated anecdote: my son loves dinosaurs.  He will say "I'm going to be Trex and you're going to be gallimimus" which means that he wants to chase me around the house.  He then runs like a Trex and I run like a toilet vulture and he never catches me... he is definitely not 20% faster than me and I don't even have to run like a gallimimus.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Is that the standard now?  If you coach an athlete to win Boston you are a good coach and if not you're a useless fool?

Unrelated question: Which athlete(s) did you coach to win Boston?

Salazar's entire Oregon Project was to teach a US born athlete how to win Boston. Since the couldn't, then why was everyone stupid enough to believe what a great coach he was? Therefore by your own definition than yes, Salazar and anyone else who claims to be a running coach is a useless fool if you couldn't recognize that despite the money he wasted of Nike's, he would never teach anyone to run faster. And that is true despite his doping.

Not to mention I wouldn't need to build walls on vehicles, fabricate my own track, or use humans to dissipate wind resistance. I don't need any of that crap for anyone to run faster either...

As to myself, I was kept away from the Oregon Project by Salazar so I've never tried to train anyone to win Boston. However, when I trained a basketball player who wanted to play after college in Europe instead he was drafted by the NBA. And he was also the first from his school to ever play with a professional NBA franchise.

Who in the NBA have you coached?

Are you now going to tell me that I don't know how to train basketball players because none have won a championship? Or will you try and tell me that basketball players don't run...

Oh wait, I've also trained an entire football team from a 2-9 record to 7-4. Second best turnaround season in college football. Next season without me was 3-8.

Are you going to tell me I know nothing about training football players?

Not to mention that my students are in the mountains of Afghanistan, carrying 150lbs of equipment at altitudes of 8-10,000ft and people shooting at them. You see, when losing a game or race means coming home in your parents car or the team bus, you can be as arrogant as you want. But when my athletes lose their game, they come home in a body bag.

Trust me, I'm held to much higher standards of medical and training scrutiny and I have the lab results to prove I know more than you do.

Its funny that when you teach the people willing to put their lives on the line to learn what I teach, their response is far different when what you learn determines if you get to come home to your families or not...

Not to mention if you tell me how fast you can run, I'll gladly introduce you to a number of elite warfighters much faster than you. Wonder what your body would look like after any of them caught you...

You sound angry.... I reckon if any of the seal team caught up to me, i'd look the same as I do now. For they would have no reason to harm me.

This is what an inferiority complex looks like. Almost textbook. So textbook it looks like someone did research and is trolling. Just like the past threads, depicting mental/emotional illness and instability.

Will I respond to the retorts and personal attacks? nope.

Say, where can one find the "ignore" button on RA?

I wonder why Navy guys would go around beating up random people? Steroids? None of the PJs I hung around with were on the juice, nor did they go around beating people up. Must be a Navy thing. And we used to think the Army got the bottom of the barrel personnel!

kcam

Neither the Army nor the Navy gets 'the bottom of the barrel'!  Maybe just NOT ENGAGING further with this guy is an option?

minmalS

Stotan Disciple

Sports Jester,

I would be happy to learn. Its never too late to learn, Cerutty was dying at 43 bed ridden for a time. It was while watching horses training he  figured 4 legs had an advantage over two, so when he created his running forms he used the arms in an unconventional way to increase the lung capacity. It's something I've been trying more often, lately at night often alone on my second run. I am even doing the gallop. To be honest the arms if you mimic a fore legged animal you get greater depth on every breath. Percy was onto something. Maybe you disagree with Cerutty but feel free to PM me.

Cerutty was a rebel and rejected a  lot of the prevailing beliefs at the time.  I'd love to chat and discuss. The world hated Cerutty especially Aussies at home because he was a rebel he invented periodization in the modern sense 10 years before the Russians. I am sure you know this but he read lots of Greek philosophy and periodization was common in ancient Greece and was detailed by the sophist Philostratus, "a rudimentary form of periodization (a process of structuring training into phases) was
                          born" as a result of training for the early Olympic games.

I just read a study on the fish kick and how it moves swimmer through the water faster than the dolphin kick due to the fact it doesn't displace water the way the dolphin kick does. So it moves the swimmer vs the dolphin kick moves the water and the swimmer. The point is the two kicks move a swimmer faster than the fastest of the major swim strokes.

I'd love to hear you out PM,  if you need a test subject. I am always open to increasing efficiency.

Thinking should be done first, before training begins.

Neither the Army nor the Navy gets 'the bottom of the barrel'!  Maybe just NOT ENGAGING further with this guy is an option?

In regards to comparative recruits, not entire population of the country. Also, it's sarcasm.

Yes, not engaging, but it's hard not to call out trolls for trolling. I guess it worked on me, again!

sport jester

Biomimeticist

But Bill, I'm still waiting for you to call the Univ of Oregon and ask why they haven't publicly tested me...

I mean if I can prove myself in a lab environment, that even you won't contact them says far more about your cowardice than any word you write...

sport jester

Biomimeticist

You sound angry.... 

Not at all,

The joke to me, and what keeps me very happy and laughing is of course knowing how useless the training advice barfed here truly is.

My military invitation began with what the Army referred to as FORCE 2025. As an advisor to Gen. McMaster, I represent the young adults who are 12 years old today and to make sure they're best prepared when they're 18 and able to enlist. And when you know the knee is the most damaged part of a Soldier's body, you'd understand my efforts to protect them. That doing so merely improves performance as a natural byproduct, is what toilet vultures aren't smart enough to comprehend.

When you know that athletic injuries such as ACL tears for young athletes are increasing in number and not decreasing because of inept training, I don't have time to be angry.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2017/02/20/peds.2016-1877

Especially since it's a two billion dollar industry and the most profitable surgical proceedure for hospitals to perform. Not to mention that despite growing in occurrence frequency, that a blood test to detect one's risk to ACL tears has existed since the 1990's and the training and medical community refuses to tell athlete of its existence. I'm sure that if you know anyone who's incurred the injury, you wouldn't question how I feel knowing that the training industry promotes the injury and your barf helps them do it.

When people question my military credibility, it's because the only athletic program trying to use the test is West Point.

https://ryortho.com/breaking/blood-test-predicts-acl-tear-probability/

That it was developed for horses is why athletes don't get to use it. That I learned to train racehorses is how I met Dr. McIlwraith. In fact it's been publicly available since 2008.

https://www.grayson-jockeyclub.org/newsimages/HorsetalkNZ122808.pdf

Not to mention that as a fellow taxpayer, the athletic training industry costs our government more money to evacuate Soldiers for training injuries than it does combat wounds. Roadside bombs may make for horrific video images, but the athletic training industry is far deadlier to the American Soldier and your paycheck than ISIS, I openly wonder why you don't care if what you barf gets anyone killed. Especially since the industry is more about the health of egos than the health or performance of any athlete.

https://www.army.mil/article/141818/

If you want to know who's angry, I'll gladly introduce you to the people in the military who actually care about improving both the health and performance the above realities openly prove.

No, being angry is for toilet vultures. Being angry means you aren't doing anything about it. In fact when you teach a group of Soldiers, their reaction and appreciation is a satisfaction and happiness which no vulture such as yourself would comprehend...