Cheap shoe alert! (Read 1086 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Since the Hoka Clifton 7s are out, now seems like a good time to snag a deal on a pair of 6s for my kid for under the Christmas tree. His 5s are a size 11. Do the 6s seem to run about the same as the 5s did?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

Since the Hoka Clifton 7s are out, now seems like a good time to snag a deal on a pair of 6s for my kid for under the Christmas tree. His 5s are a size 11. Do the 6s seem to run about the same as the 5s did?

No size or fit difference between Clifton 5 to 6 in my experience.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No size or fit difference between Clifton 5 to 6 in my experience.

Good to hear. I read several reviews suggesting they were a little wider, but no mentions of length difference. These have been kinda magical for him. He's got the wonkiest mechanics imaginable. He's sort of a flat-footed supinator -- both feet would angle-out to the right in previous shoes. He'd previously been in Saucony Echelon with Superfeet and trashed the soles SO fast. He's a much happier runner in the Cliftons and his wear patterns no longer look all wonky.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Greetings, All! Does anybody know the fate of the Adidas Adizero Tempo 9s and/or the Brooks Asteria? I.e., have they been discontinued, or are there newer models coming, or...? --Thanks, Christine

12/17/20

https://www.jackrabbit.com/home

OMG incredible deals, MANY shoes at $30!

Hoka Evo Spikes starting at $15!

various sizes available, if you're men's 12-12.5, you have your pick of the litter.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

zebano

THanks for the heads up. I don't need spikes but $30 shoes are always awesome.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

bmill11

MIles of Smiles - 2021

Jack Rabbit has the New Balance 1080 v10 on sale for $104.99.

https://www.jackrabbit.com/brands/new-balance/1080/?utm_campaign=611339_12.31.20%20DOTW&utm_medium=email&utm_source=JackRabbit&bxid=228618678&dm_i=5EBJ,D3PN,3S43AU,1D8XV,1

I just bought Brooks Launch 7 and Saucony Kinvara 11 for $70 each at Runningwarehouse. (normally $100 and $110)

click on the "spring savings" banner.

CarlesB

I found this. There is some good price for running shoes : https://www.alltricks.com/C-41363-mens-shoes

Some have bought there yet ?

4/25/21

New Balance Fuelcell Prism

REI on sale for $60

I ordered online and was told next day they were "sold out". I just went to my local REI store and they were on the shelf on sale for $85, but the clerk checked and they ring up for the sale price of $60. The clerk also initially said the $85 sale ones were "a different version", but that was incorrect; they checked the barcode and the stock in back and there is only one version, and it's $60.

NB calls these a "stability shoe" but online reviews from Kofuzi, Jamison Michael, Ed Budd, etc. say that the stiffer medial foam post can't even be felt by neutral runners, and rank this just below the Rebel as a lightweight daily trainer.

New Balance FuelCell Prism EnergyStreak | Zappos.com

I've heard great things about the Endorphin Speed so when I saw that Running Warehouse took $40 of their price for the first model, I decided to pull the trigger.  Here's a link to reduced price:

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Saucony_Endorphin_Speed/descpage-SMESMS4.html

I'll report back when my impressions.  Do others have experience with this model?

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020

zebano

I've heard great things about the Endorphin Speed so when I saw that Running Warehouse took $40 of their price for the first model, I decided to pull the trigger.  Here's a link to reduced price:

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Saucony_Endorphin_Speed/descpage-SMESMS4.html

I'll report back when my impressions.  Do others have experience with this model?

All of the original Endorphin line is discounted now! I picked up some Pros and I'm very happy with them. If you dig through the half marathon thread you can find Commander Keen's impressions of the speeds are quite positive. I'm not sure if it's still available but for awhile on the Saucony website you could stack a 20% off coupon with a new member (give them your email address) $10 off and get Endorphins for $109.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

Just to report back about the Endorphin Speed shoes - I absolutely love them!  They are my favorite pair of running shoes I've ever bought.  I set a PR for my course today and didn't feel I put as much effort into it as at other times.  I can confirm what other reviewers have said about their feeling better at faster speeds.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020

Thanks Jason! I was looking at the Speed-1 in REI yesterday for $120, and thought they were very good as lightweight trainers or long-race shoes. I may bite the bullet and spend more than my usual max of $50-60!

zebano

Not sure this qualifies as "cheap" but Endorphin Speed V1s are $80 at some site called superrunnershop. I just snagged the last size 8.5 

https://superrunnersshop.com/products/mens-saucony-endorphin-speed-cobalt?_pos=1&_psq=endorphin-speed&_ss=e&_v=1.0

p.s. if anyone has some suggestions for cheapish shoes that are good for easy/recovery days I'd love some suggestions. I have NB 890s for the track, Saucony Kinvara (v11) for my longer runs and tempo work but my Altra Torins which I run easy days in have started bothering my achilles (and they have 350 miles).

edited to Speed, not pro.