Cheap shoe alert! (Read 1086 times)

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Jackrabbit has 30% off all sale shoes right now.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
    5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Zoom_Pegasus_Turbo_2_AW/descpage-NPT2M6.html

Nike Pegasus Turbo for $125 in limited sizes. Down from $180. 

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

REI has Bondi 6 for men only in one color only for half price:

https://www.rei.com/product/136295/hoka-one-one-bondi-6-road-running-shoes-mens

Availability isn't great, but I was able to purchase one in my size earlier.

REI has Bondi 6 for men only in one color only for half price:

https://www.rei.com/product/136295/hoka-one-one-bondi-6-road-running-shoes-mens

Availability isn't great, but I was able to purchase one in my size earlier.

Dang, too late. All gone!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Yep, all my Bondi wearing friends missed out, too.

Dang, too late. All gone!

Regarding cheap Bondi-6, I found this website today:

http://www.hokks.online/

I'm slightly suspicious about it, but it does seem to be legitimate. It appears to be located in EU looking at their shipping time of delivery chart. I don't know if anyone is making counterfeit Hokas? It's possible I guess but seems like a small market to be investing in making counterfeits. They accept Paypal, so if there IS a problem there is recourse to get your money back.

Thoughts?

Regarding cheap Bondi-6, I found this website today:

http://www.hokks.online/

I'm slightly suspicious about it, but it does seem to be legitimate. It appears to be located in EU looking at their shipping time of delivery chart. I don't know if anyone is making counterfeit Hokas? It's possible I guess but seems like a small market to be investing in making counterfeits. They accept Paypal, so if there IS a problem there is recourse to get your money back.

Thoughts?

It does seem suspicious. I'll be interested to hear how you do if you buy something there.

I sent them an email, with the excuse asking about wide sizes. It came back as undeliverable. I don't think I'm going to try to order anything from them...

There's still bunch of Zoom Fly and Zoom Fly SP at our local Ross stores.

SF Bay Area.

$50

4/11/20

Great deal on Skechers Razor3 and MaxRoad4, AND additional 30% off using code BUNNY20

I bought a pair of Razor3 for about $55 with delivery.

I had just bought a new pair of MaxRoad from running warehouse, otherwise I'd be ordering a pair here for over $30 less!

https://www.shoeline.com/ViewAll/Skechers/Mens/Athletic/All-Styles/All-Sizes/All-Colors/Most-Popular/All-Pages

4/11/20

Great deal on Skechers Razor3 and MaxRoad4, AND additional 30% off using code BUNNY20

I had just bought a new pair of MaxRoad from running warehouse, otherwise I'd be ordering a pair here for over $30 less!

https://www.shoeline.com/ViewAll/Skechers/Mens/Athletic/All-Styles/All-Sizes/All-Colors/Most-Popular/All-Pages

Any guidance for a hoka lover? I've wanted to try Skechers for a long time but never know which to buy. Also, how does sizing work for you compared to your bondis?

Any guidance for a hoka lover? I've wanted to try Skechers for a long time but never know which to buy. Also, how does sizing work for you compared to your bondis?

I used to wear Hoka until there was something better for me. I really like the MaxRoad, and the Hoka equivalent would be a Clifton flexibility with Bondi cushioning; but lighter than the Clifton. The fit is wider in the forefoot than Hoka (but everything is...), true to size otherwise. I haven't worn the Razor3 but they get rave reviews. The MaxRoad upper is supposed to be too flexy and too hot by some reviewers, but I haven't had any problems. No blisters or hot spots, and my foot doesn't move around in them. I bought size US10, which is normally an EU44, but these are EU43.5 and a little snugger than expected but it's a good snug, not sloppy. I used to buy US10.5 or 11 in Hoka, mainly because of the narrow width. The hyperburst material is really magic, cushioned and ALSO resilient. I have 287 miles on my 1st pair of MaxRoad4, and some of the rubber on the pods is worn flat, one is off. Probably have another 100 miles left in them before grinding into the midsole. Upper is still like new. The new version (different upper) isn't out until Fall so buying now doesn't mean you coulda-woulda-shoulda bought the new version.

you might want to watch some reviews; Ginger Runner and Jamison Michael on youtube.

I bought the maxroad4. I like both my Bondi and Cliftons, and I've wanted to try this brand for ages. $51 all in! Thanks for heads up.

npaden

4/11/20

Thanks!  I ordered 3 pairs of the MaxRoad 4.  With free shipping on over $99 order and sales tax it came out to $50.73 per pair.  I guess I will need to come up with a way to differentiate them because the only ones on sale were the red ones so I have 3 pairs of red ones coming my way.

It has been harder to get Skechers on a very good sale lately so I've been paying up around $70 to $80 per pair so pretty happy to pick a few pairs up cheap again.

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Thanks!  I ordered 3 pairs of the MaxRoad 4.  With free shipping on over $99 order and sales tax it came out to $50.73 per pair.  I guess I will need to come up with a way to differentiate them because the only ones on sale were the red ones so I have 3 pairs of red ones coming my way.

It has been harder to get Skechers on a very good sale lately so I've been paying up around $70 to $80 per pair so pretty happy to pick a few pairs up cheap again.

when I've had multiples of something, I've put different color laces in them, or made different little marks on them with a magic marker. Socks, too.

Wow! Now you're good for over 1000 miles! That should last you until July!