Cheap shoe alert! (Read 1086 times)

Nice one Mick. Let us know what they are like. I still haven't tried my Takumi Sens yet due to recovery from a calf injury.

Adidas make some great shoes.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

FSBD

I really like my Pegasus Turbo, they had gone on sale earlier this year. They remind me of the Adidas Bostons that I had picked from the running warehouse thanks to Piwis advice.

Interesting, I run in both the Pegasus Turbo and the Adidas Boston and don't think they are at all alike.  I think the Turbo is a much softer shoe.  Once you hit about 200 miles in them they feel squishy to me.  Whereas the Adidas stays firm and snappy all the way through 400 miles.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Interesting, I run in both the Pegasus Turbo and the Adidas Boston and don't think they are at all alike.  I think the Turbo is a much softer shoe.  Once you hit about 200 miles in them they feel squishy to me.  Whereas the Adidas stays firm and snappy all the way through 400 miles.

Ah bummer, I was hoping for the Nikes to keep it up longer...is that the Boston 8 you are refering to? Have you run in the Adidas Adios Tempo? I liked them too, but I thought they were ugly.

Piwi: i got the new shoes in the mail today, put them on, took them off and back in the box. Horrible shoe, great sole, but really poor upper, felt really unstable. I will send it back and wait for the Bostons to go on sale.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

FSBD

Don't get me wrong the Nikes are a fine shoe to run in, I just don't think they are similar to the Bostons.  I've run in the Boston 6, 7, & 8.  I liked all three and thought all of them were more firm than the Nikes.  I tried the Adidas tempo 9 and I just never felt right running in it.

Ah bummer, I was hoping for the Nikes to keep it up longer...is that the Boston 8 you are refering to? Have you run in the Adidas Adios Tempo? I liked them too, but I thought they were ugly.

Piwi: i got the new shoes in the mail today, put them on, took them off and back in the box. Horrible shoe, great sole, but really poor upper, felt really unstable. I will send it back and wait for the Bostons to go on sale.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

So I had to replace the Adidas SolarBoost. The Continental sole has worn off in some spots. After 450km only. This is quite disappointing. Still a decent deal per km - I had paid around $100 for those, they were marked down.

I got the Adidas UltraBoost as a replacement - they have a torsion system in the midsole. It hurts my arch. Bummer.

I usually rotate 3 pairs - thats currently the Nike Pegasus Turbo for faster stuff, the Adidas ultraboost for easy days and mild workouts and the Asics Nimbus for the longer runs and when it rains.

I will have to replace the Asics soon. And just after writing this the Adidas Boston 8 were marked down 50% to 85 bucks. Sold.

Fun fact about the Ghost. Had bought a pair 2 years ago and after 400km the upper started to come off near the toe box. I sent it back under warranty and they gave me a full refund. That was quite cool.

Wow amazing shoe the Adidas Boston 8. Much like the 6 I once owned. First 10k in them. They are just what a shoe needs to be: light, direct, its not fancy, just delivers. They look pretty cool too - I just wished they didnt have those huge white stripes. Compared to the Nike Turbo Pegasus: less cushioned, otherwise similar, firmer maybe.

Thinking of getting another pair while they are on sale.

Good to know Mick. I think alot of the Adidas shoes are firmish and good performers. I got the Takumi Sens recently and they are light and firm.

Ah didnt know such thing existed. Its for fast runners Smile will keep an eye on those maybe for the faster stuff although I thing the Bostons will do the job just as well for my pace Smile

Can you compare the Pegasus to any of the Adidas? I am a big fan of Nikes now, but they just never go on sale here and I am a cheapo

CalBears

Just ordered Skechers Max Road 4 for $49.88 at runningwarehouse - supposed to be a great cushioning for long runs.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Cal I saw those what a steal. I dont know if I can handle skechers low drop though.

Mick I am currently in Pegasus 36. They are very cushioned. I really like them for my easy and long runs.  I haven't worn any Adidas training shoes for a while so not sure.

Seing how poorly Nike is doing at the moment I am sure there will be  sales soon same as for Adidas. I will stay patient and might pick up the Pegasus 36/37 once they are cheap. They have the Vomeros as well. Not sure what the difference is.

On the Sketchers front. Meb was at the forefront; Nike wouldnt renew with him, so he helped Sketchers breaking into running. I have heard many people talk about it. Some true runners, mileage guys, not hobby joggers like me. But I have never seen anyone in them, never met anyone. And I am not thrilled about the looks either but please report back on what you think about those!

Skechers have some legit shoes now. What's frustrating is the Skechers shops in malls near me dont stock any of their proper running shoes except Gorun I think. Everything else I need to order from overseas.

I got Pegasus 36 for US $90 which isn't too bad for here.

Just ordered Skechers Max Road 4 for $49.88 at runningwarehouse - supposed to be a great cushioning for long runs.

dang, they're on sale again!

I've gone through a couple pair. If you like a soft shoe, you won't go back to Hoka after running in these. The new replacement model has a more conventional upper. The one piece knit upper can fit some people kind of sloppy, and there's not a lot of adjustment. Same with the GR7, the replacement has a gusseted tongue instead of one piece. I'm lucky, both seem to work for me with the one piece.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I got the Adidas UltraBoost as a replacement - they have a torsion system in the midsole. It hurts my arch. Bummer.

I have a pair of the Ultra Boost 19....I bought them a size larger, but they still feel a bit too snug with not much toe room. At least they look cool as an everyday trainer. 👍

I’m another Skechers fan and will never pay stupid money for Hokas again!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Seattle prattle

If you are interested in some new, in box, running shoes, there are now four listed on Seattle Craigslist;

They are all men's standard width,

Adidias Adizero Bostyon 6, size 8-1/2  https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/d/seattle-running-shoes-adidas-boston-6/7149547460.html

Saucony Kinvara 9, sz. 8  https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/d/seattle-running-shoes-saucony-kinvara-9/7149536826.html

Mizuno Wave Catalyst,sz. 8   https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/d/seattle-running-shoes-mizuno-wave/7149529171.html

Newton Kismet, sz. 8   https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/d/seattle-running-shoes-newton-kismet/7149514900.html

mention seattle prattle for an additional 10% off,