Garmin syncing (Read 568 times)

dfmurphy

baldmanrunning

I've seen a few previous posts on this issue, but they're old.

I'm getting activities to sync with Garmin Connect. By that, I mean they show up in the app and on the website, but it can take a long time before they show up ready to import into RA. For example, it's been over 30 minutes since the activity showed up in Garmin Connect and it's still not showing as available to import.

Is there a way to force a sync? Is a setting off? Am I the only one this is happening with?

Running Problem

Problem Child

I think there is something going on with communication between RA and Garmin. Typically this website syncs as fast as Garmin or Strava for me. It's recent, but I'm seeing a delay between Garmin and RA.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

sub520

I had the same question in the other thread.  It used to be instant, but now it is a couple of hour delay.  I synced about an hour ago and still does not show up in RA.  I know when I wake up tomorrow it will be here.

Docket_Rocket

I've been getting that delay as well since two days ago.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

HappyFeat

I've been getting that delay as well since two days ago.

Me too, but - today - instantaneous!!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I wonder if it's related to the sporadic 500 errors we've been getting.

eric :)

Hi all,

There were sporadic database connectivity issues in the last couple of days. I've restarted the problematic web server. the errors are gone. Hopefully this would eliminate delays.

eric Smile

sub520

Thanks Eric!  Last evening's workout of mine was instantaneous, as was my morning run today.  Seems to be back to where it was previously.

HappyFeat

Hmmm  -- not syncing today.  Also -- the "500" errors are back. Coincidence?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

GinnyinPA

Mine didn't upload either.

Same here

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Docket_Rocket

Mine hasn't uploaded yet and it's been 3 hours, so something must be going on today as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Running Problem

Problem Child

I'm in the club. Glad I'm not alone. I manually added a run because it gave me something to do for a while. I haven't done any Garmin updates to Garmin Connect either if that matters.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Manual Zwift file (.fit format) isn't wanting to upload, either. Must be related. No biggie.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

I'm in the club. Glad I'm not alone. I manually added a run because it gave me something to do for a while. I haven't done any Garmin updates to Garmin Connect either if that matters.

Club doesn't seem to be very exclusive -- I'm in too...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob