Garmin syncing (Read 568 times)

dpschumacher

5 months til Masters

Mine have returned to normal uploads the last 2 days automatically fwiw

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

eric :)

Hi all,

A high number of workout imports are failing. I reached out to Garmin Connect for support.

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

Hi all,

A high number of workout imports are failing. I reached out to Garmin Connect for support.

eric Smile

Thanks Eric!

Seems odd that the manual imports are failing too?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

CH24

My non running (aka strength) workout syncing but not any runs this week

I'm not sure if this is helpful; but it is one more data point.

I haven't had an automatic upload work for over a week now. Manual uploads of files from Garmin Connect don't show up either. But if I hardwire my watch to my laptop and have RA grab the file directly from the watch, it uploads 100% of the time.

chuck aron

"But if I hardwire my watch to my laptop and have RA grab the file directly from the watch, it uploads 100% of the time.

How do you do that?  Thanks

"But if I hardwire my watch to my laptop and have RA grab the file directly from the watch, it uploads 100% of the time.

How do you do that?  Thanks

Just connect the watch with the USB (charging) cable; and when manually uploading the file, navigate to the location on the watch where the FIT files are located. In my case: Garmin Forerunner 235 > GARMIN > ACTIVITY > filename.FIT

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Another alternative is to go to the workout's page on Connect's site via your computer, then click on the little gear icon in the upper right and select "export original." Then you should have a .fit file downloaded to your HD, somewhere (on my Mac it ends up in a downloads folder -- YMMV). You can upload that file directly to RA. That works for me the vast majority of the time, when a workout doesn't find its way to RA within a short time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The 2 .fit files I uploaded 4 days ago showed up today. One of today's two activities showed up automatically.  The challenge I face is deciding whether to upload files or wait to see if a run will eventually show up.

chuck aron

I guess I'll wait for Eric to do his magic

marunr

Mine synced for a few days, now not syncing again. Garmin Connect only allows me to export as csv, I guess it's my watch style, so I will have to manually fill out the spreadsheet template. I think I'll just wait and see.

AXes

Just connect the watch with the USB (charging) cable; and when manually uploading the file, navigate to the location on the watch where the FIT files are located. In my case: Garmin Forerunner 235 > GARMIN > ACTIVITY > filename.FIT

This worked!  Sort of.  I uploaded 7 files. 3 of them showed up immediately.  No sign of the others yet. Either way, it was an easy process. Thanks for the tip On_WI.  Hoping for good news from Eric.

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

HermosaBoy

Yes, the upload of FIT files seems to work much better than the TCX files.

Pretty much instantaneous.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Partizan

Today the issue happened again on my account. Neither automatic nor manual upload works

KMB

No joy syncing last 2 days