Garmin syncing (Read 568 times)

Franc Karpo

After a week of no uploads, my workouts started uploading again the past 2 days.

kcam

Makes no difference if I manually upload FIT or TCX files - it don't work.  Auto uploading fuggedaboudit.

eric :)

Hi all,

I think I figured it out. Something was causing the queue of files to be stuck. I cleared everything and the processing is succeeding again. If your last few days' workouts have not showed up, you'll have to have resend them.

eric Smile

chuck aron

How do you do that?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

This morning's run came through just fine, without me having to manually upload it, thanks.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

JMac11

RIP Milkman

How do you do that?

Same question for me. I've never had issues before this one today, somehow. Went perusing through the thread and didn't see anything.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

an amazing likeness

How do you do that?

Assuming this question refers to the "...you'll have to have resend them..." in Eric's post:

In general (not specific to any platform or device), what is needed is for you to pull the .FIT file(s) for missing workout(s) and upload it here again via the Training Log > Upload from File.

As a specific: for Garmin Connect that means opening the workout in Garmin Connect, selecting the 'gear' icon in the upper right of the workout details, selecting 'Export Original' to pull the FIT down your computer.  Then here your RA log, select the UPLOAD GPS DATA, Upload from File, option and upload the data you exported from Garmin Connect.

Same general idea would apply to services other than Garmin, or by pulling the .FIT data file directly from the device via connecting it to your PC:  (1) get the .FIT for the workout, (2) upload it via RA Log's 'Upload from File', then (3) save it to your RA log.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

How do you do that?

If you are responding to the post from eric Smile about clearing the queue, the answer is, you don't.  Eric runs this whole operation, and he cleared the queues on one of the servers.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Assuming this question refers to the "...you'll have to have resend them..." in Eric's post:

In general (not specific to any platform or device), what is needed is for you to pull the .FIT file(s) for missing workout(s) and upload it here again via the Training Log > Upload from File.

As a specific: for Garmin Connect that means opening the workout in Garmin Connect, selecting the 'gear' icon in the upper right of the workout details, selecting 'Export Original' to pull the FIT down your computer.  Then here your RA log, select the UPLOAD GPS DATA, Upload from File, option and upload the data you exported from Garmin Connect.

Same general idea would apply to services other than Garmin, or by pulling the .FIT data file directly from the device via connecting it to your PC:  (1) get the .FIT for the workout, (2) upload it via RA Log's 'Upload from File', then (3) save it to your RA log.

Strange. I did all of this (what a detailed explanation, thank you!) and still nothing showing.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Strange. I did all of this (what a detailed explanation, thank you!) and still nothing showing.

Try uploading it a second time. I've found that sometimes the first time is a threat, the 2nd time is a promise. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

If you also upload to Strava you can export the .FIT file from there. Open an activity and click the three little dots next to the edit icon and select "Export Orignal." Then follow the steps above on RA--when you click "Choose File" just select your downloads folder and grab that .FIT file you just downloaded.

I do this a lot for missed uploads, and workouts that didn't originate from my watch, like Zwift rides.

Runners run

sub520

I see that my synching worked some-what...I have my workout from today as well as July 8 (not sure why that random one is there), but nothing from this past Thursday through Saturday.

marunr

Works for me today. Thanks Eric!

kcam

Me too.  Sync'd this morning's run to GC then, boom, it appeared on RA immediately.  Just like in the olden days! 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I realized I has the wrong file type selected in the drop down menu when uploading. Selecting FIT fixed that. Thanks for the help!