Weight and Speed (Read 1298 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Well until we get the privilege of private messaging hijacking will have to be the way of the world!!! Yeah I managed a measly 260 miles this year and I fear that I may be forced to be sensible next year too so I will have to suffice with being the home page poster girl for the 2000 mile club for a while. Good to have a diagnosis though and crutches are a small sacrifice if it gets me better. I see that you are doing awesome as ever! Worshiping you as I type. And yes, I did try and Google your last philosopher. Unfortunately Kooky has the patience of a child with ADHD so I never found my answer. I can only assume that they are still philosophers? For all I know, they may now be 'Sporting Legends from the Biblical Years'?
    HOPE YOU GET BACK SOON KOOKY, MISSED YOU ROUND THE FORUMS, I AM NEAR TO THE 1000 MARK NOW.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Now that was a bath...

Eddy - you've done so well! Will you be shooting for 2000 miles next year? I've yet to talk to my Sports Doc about a running program when I start back up but I am guessing that I will be lucky to scrape into the 1000k club for 2008. If he says that I can run again in January I may make my first run on January 20th - a year to the day that I got this stupid fracture. It's a little sad that I will pass my year anniversary of running in November with just a few months of actual running under my belt. Good luck with your media interview Cool Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Slow-smooth-fast

thanks kooky, we both started running at the same time last year, pity injury has taken its toll on you. Hope everything works out well for you. Keep posting and hope you come back stronger than ever!!!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

jcasetnl

Simple: post your weight, and your current PB for a mile, or2 or 5k or 10k. Will be interested to see how this correlates. My last mile time trial was 5:52;weight of 190lb I am lighter now so will be testing myself soon.
          I haven't done a mile PR in a long time, but I ran about a 5:30 when I was around 175 lbs (half dozen years ago). I'm now 190. My guess is it would be around 6 minutes.
          jcasetnl

I weigh around 142 (I weigh myself daily, and am usually between 138-145) Not sure what my mile PR is, high 4 teens, but right now I could run around 4:30-4:38 is my guess (4:38 being my latest mile time last year) [snip]
            Those times are insane, RTW. Could you wear 23 pounds of weight and then run a 5k? I want to find out what mine will be if I lose 15 more pounds. ;-)