Can I vent about buying a house???? (Read 706 times)

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I can't call anyone, everyone is working or in school.... my husband and I close on our first house on Thursday and I am SO STRESSED OUT! I guess it doesn't help that I work 44 hours a week and oh yeah I'm a full time student in college getting my degree in graphic design! I just got a call from the attorneys office if she doesn't get our home owners insurance thing today we're not closing on Thursday. Then I get pulled into a meeting that I couldn't even tell you what it was about, I call our insurance agent and he's all awesome and stuff saying it's all set, he's at their beckon call until Thursday Wink not sure how much more I can take. I know I'm a runner because all I want to do is get out of here, go home, and go running, helps clear my mind! 4 more hours to go!
    -Jen
    2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

My legs are killing me

Take a deep breath! It will be fine. An insurance agent can "bind" a homeowners insurance policy in minutes.
        Buying a house is the most stressful experience I have ever been through-so I empathize! I couldn't eat or sleep! Just keep thinking about that run!
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Jen, hang in there! We've bought two houses and two pieces of land, and each time I thought I was going to go NUTS! Complications always come up, so what you're going through is "normal." Remember, everyone wants your money, so a lot of people will work hard to make sure the sale goes through. Good luck!
            Buying a house is the most stressful experience I have ever been through-so I empathize!
            I agree 100%. I went with a local loan officer through Chase to get my mortgage loan, but after he did his work I was dealing with someone at the Chase corporate office. Every day someone (real estate agent, loan officer, corporate office, home builder, insurance agent, etc) would call saying they needed something else and I was faxing papers to them constantly it seemed. On top of that, I had JUST started a new job, and was 3 months away from getting married. Whatever you do don't stop running no matter how little time you have. I did, and I think I would have been better off if I hadn't. Good luck!
              Congrats on becoming a first time home buyer! A question for later: Was buying a house harder than getting married?

Vim

In keeping with the traditions of this site of positive encouragement, I would like to add that it will ge worse from here until you actually sign the paperwork. Blush But, everything will be overcome and the closing will go through smoothly. When sold our house, the people didn't want anything, but they pitched a fit over the cost of the oil in the tank. there was a 60 dollar difference between the price I had paid and the current market cost. they were going to stop the closing to go rewrite all the paperwork until my wife offered them a cash refund. (the lawyers and bank people weren't able to think creatively). so if a problem comes up, don't think you have to stick with what the 'suits' want, be creative....
                Lisa3.1

Hi, and Congrats. that's great. We went through the same thing, but hereafter is going to be a lot easier. Good Luck
                    Jenny... I'm going through the SAME thing! My wife and I are closing on our first house on March 21st, and I'm terrified of whether we can pay for it or not because of all my massive student loans ($300 thousand combined between my wife and I). She is a spender, and I am a penny-pincher, and I'm really thinking we're going to go bankrupt!
                    2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

A Saucy Wench

Buying a house is possibly THE most stressful thing in the world. I have 2 kids and I think house buying is still more stressful.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

I have had the pleasure of doing a couple of closings for friends and I know they can be stressful and overwhelming due to all of the paper you have to sign. Just have a good attorney and it should go off without a hitch.
                        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                          I have had the pleasure of doing a couple of closings for friends and I know they can be stressful and overwhelming due to all of the paper you have to sign. Just have a good attorney and it should go off without a hitch.
                          That was the easiest part to me, we must have had a good lawyer. Just tell me where to sign!

The Greatest of All Time

That was the easiest part to me, we must have had a good lawyer. Just tell me where to sign!
                            That's how it's supposed to go. Big grin
                            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                              Just tell me where to sign!
                              All of my house closings have been like this. Maybe I'm lucky. Maybe it's just not that stressful.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Non ducor, duco.

Jenny... I'm going through the SAME thing! My wife and I are closing on our first house on March 21st, and I'm terrified of whether we can pay for it or not because of all my massive student loans ($300 thousand combined between my wife and I). She is a spender, and I am a penny-pincher, and I'm really thinking we're going to go bankrupt!
                                Uhmmm, I hate to be a party-poooper but Dude, are you for real? If you are then I would suggest/URGE you to get help. You don't want to miserable in your new home. Good luck.