Just a little hello from a long lost runner! (Read 571 times)

Hey everyone. Just wanted to pop in & say hi!! I rarely ever get time on the internet anymore, unless it is booking horse hauling trips. My daughter has went horse crazy (yes, definitely my child), so my days are filled with working, my evenings filled with riding, training & giving lessons. Little time left for running, but that is starting to change now. I'm on my millionth pair shoes & apparently that isn't the problem with the bum leg. Runs are starting to feel better, but my leg is quite painful by the end of the work day, especially to palpation & at other random times. Yes, Trent, I did quit wearing heels...swear, I haven't had them on in several months...I'm wearing very comfy, supportive & butt ugly shoes at work every day!! Big grin I hate my job, so maybe I can use the bum leg as an excuse to quit, since work seems to aggravate it (freeing up much needed running time). How is that for runner's logic?? We may NOT want to mention this to my hubby. Roll eyes Well, that is my entire 10 minutes of internet time. I actually even had time to log the last couple months of pathetic running miles (damn leg, damn life). I hope everyone is doing great. I miss my RA forum time & chatting with all of you!! Happy running! Eryn Cool
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      Hey, WOW, my avitar changed! That zoom zoom...she rocks! Smile
        Nice to hear from you!!! Hope to see you posting more often.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Me too! I'm pretty excited to be getting more than 3 miles per wk in again too!!
            Hi Eryn, echo Pam - nice to hear from you!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, WOW, my avitar changed! That zoom zoom...she rocks! Smile
              Hey, sexy legs...I changed that months ago--you should check in more often! Wink Sorry I wasn't online when you were having your Google maps issues...did you get it resolved? Don't be such a stranger around here. I mean, *I* can always talk to you for over 90 minutes on the phone (did you realize our last chat was over 1:36?), but all of the other nice RA folks don't have that priviledge--unless you want me to post your phone #.... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

hey eryn!! my daughter has been bit by the horse bug too...I thought it was just a phase last fall, but she's still mad for the 4legged creatures. My parents took Hannah to a horse show just up the road from here a few weeks ago, and omg, H was sooooooo in 7th heaven! And then last night, she made a huge picture on her easel, tore it off and handed it to me. When i asked her to tell me about it, she said "i made a get well card for Barbaro. Can you send it to him?" awww. Didn't have the heart to remind her that Barbaro has long since passed. Tongue (We Tivo'd an HBO special about the horse, and everyday, she wants me to play it again and again!) Sorry your leg is still bothering you...have you had a dr give a look at it?
                  Hey Eryn - glad to see you back. I was wondering where you had gone off to! Glad to hear that you are back to running.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wingz

Professional Noob

Heels are the devil's creation... Come see us more often! You've been missed...

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

Come back dear Eryn! Misery loves company and I too have a bum leg. Missed ya! Claire xxx
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        Hi Eryn! Good to hear from you! Smile
                          Look! TWO visits in less than a week...it is a miracle! I ran again today, a great 4 miler in the pouring rain! My neighbor & I are running together to keep each other motivated. I'm afraid that when I return from my horse hauling trip, I'm going to have to schedule another Dr appt though. My leg is bothering me quite a bit again. WTF??? It certainly isn't overuse, since I've been topping out at 4 miles per week since June!! And that was after more than a month off after my 25K. Anyways, I'm leaving Fri after work for a horse hauling trip. We're headed from MI to OH, PA, then to KY, TN, AL, FL, back to AL, WV, PA, OH, then finally MI. We come back Tues. It should be alot of fun, plus some cash in our pockets. Just a girls trip!! Big grin No playing though, it is pretty much 4.5 solid days of driving & transporting horses with little sleep. Yes, horse people are as insane as runners...we can justify anything in the name of the horse!!! Smile I'm SO glad to hear from everyone. Claire, I'll try to head over to the On the bench group when I return from my trip since I'll probably end up there again soon! Have a great wkend everyone! Eryn
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran again today, a great 4 miler in the pouring rain! My neighbor & I are running together to keep each other motivated. I'm afraid that when I return from my horse hauling trip, I'm going to have to schedule another Dr appt though. My leg is bothering me quite a bit again. WTF??? It certainly isn't overuse, since I've been topping out at 4 miles per week since June!! And that was after more than a month off after my 25K.
                            Pouring rain? WTF? Why do we never get any? Jerks...rain hogs! Man, your leg thing doesn't make any sense at all. I'm frustrated for you! Might it be time for an MRI? Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey there! So good to see you ! Smile
                              2009: BQ?