Garmin weight training not synced as weight training entry (Read 41 times)

Francois Nel

I have a FR 645 that allows you to keep track of weight/body training sessions. When data is synced to RunningAHead via Garmin Connect, the entry is synced as "Rowing" and I have to manually recreate the entry so that it recorded as a weight training session.

P.S. Not sure what technical details to provide you with other than the watch make and model?

mikeymike

You shouldn't have to recreate the activity, you should be able to change the type from rowing to weights.

The other option is to go into Options--> Manaage My Activities and change the label on rowing to weights but this will only work if you don't plan to use the rowing activity type in the future.

My watch only has running, biking and other so I don't have this issue--everything that is not running or biking gets recorded/imported as other and then on import I just edit the activity type.

I don't think there's a way to edit the metadata mapping between Garmin Connect and RA.

Runners run

Francois Nel

You shouldn't have to recreate the activity, you should be able to change the type from rowing to weights.

The other option is to go into Options--> Manaage My Activities and change the label on rowing to weights but this will only work if you don't plan to use the rowing activity type in the future.

My watch only has running, biking and other so I don't have this issue--everything that is not running or biking gets recorded/imported as other and then on import I just edit the activity type.

I don't think there's a way to edit the metadata mapping between Garmin Connect and RA.

This does not work at all. Weight training does not seem to fall under the same "category" as pace related activities like running/rowing/biking, and therefore (I think) it does not allow you to simply change the type from "rowing" to weight training...