Any good music for running (Read 4255 times)

va

I listen to the following songs when I want to increase my pace: Eminem - Lose Yourself Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird Evanescence - Bring Me to Life The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
    Here are some of my warm-up/cool-down/easy pace songs: Evanescence - My Immortal James Taylor - Carolina In My Mind Pink – Family Portrait Bonnie Rait – I Can’t Make You Love Me MercyMe – I Can Only Imagine MercyMe - Here With Me Yes, an eclectic mix!
      I wrote on this earlier...but, wanted to share again. Recently, I have been on a Jay-Z kick...and his music is perfect for my running pace...good groove. Check out: Do You Wanna Ride from Kingdom Come, Heart of the City, U Don't Know, Song Cry from Blue Print, Big Pimpin from Vol. 3, Dirt of Your Shoulder, and Change Clothes from the Black Album.... Do You Wann Ride is my current fave...happy running!
      If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden

Prophet!

I'm gonna start doin some tempo runs and definitely be putting in da Jigga Man in da mix, some Ludicris and bunch of Pharrell and the Neptunes stuffs. Hippity hop is great for hard workouts.

madness baby

Hippity hop is great for hard workouts.
          Hippity hop is about all that gets this girl going Wink I need a serious beat. Love the girls when I need an extra kick! Man, can I run to Maneater! My faves: Gwen Stefani - Rich Girl, Hollaback Girl Gnarls Barkley - Crazy Nelly Furtado - Maneater, Promiscuous Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha, Buttons, Wait a Minute JT - Sexy Back Fergie - London Bridge and Black Eyed Peas, Jay Z, Kanye West, Ludacris
          deb
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"Hip Hop is Dead" - Nas...awesome...name that Iron Butterfly melody.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Of course, you could leave the music player at home and just enjoy the run :-)
                Leave the music player at home? Wow! I did that in high school...pre MP3 days...and, while there was a zen like quality to hearing my feet hit the ground and my rhythmic breathing...I am SO grateful I can listen to music now. I think it enhances the running experience...perfect companion to God's canvas. So, I certainly enjoy the run...as I take in nature and and man's engineering feats while enjoying the sun, the wind, and the rain. ....[ cue in U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name"]... So, as I return to running today after a too long after marathon rest, I will do so iPod strapped in, shoes laced up, feet ready to go. Cheers and keep on running!
                If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                  MercyMe – I Can Only Imagine MercyMe - Here With Me
                  If you're a fan of MercyMe, I highly recommend their newest album, 'Coming up To Breathe.' A little more rock-y than their first three, and I really dig it. Songs that commonly make my running mixes: TobyMac Burn For You Diverse City Getaway Car David Crowder Band Here Is Our King We Win! Foreverandever Etc... No One Like You Switchfoot - Stars MercyMe House Of God Call To Worship Coming Up To Breathe Third Day Tunnel Get On Believe What Good Sky Falls Down Come On Back To Me Paul Colman Trio - Turn Incubus Have You Ever Under My Umbrella Wish You Were Here Nice To Know You Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama Free Bird Also, Avalon and the Newsboys both have superb remix albums out, and I've got some good Crystal Method, Thievery Corporation, and Kruder & Dorfmeister albums. I'm sure there's more in my collection, but this post is long enough already.

2011 Goals:
                  sub 17min 5k
                  5:15 mile?
                  (well, maybe next year)

Scout7

Nothing wrong with a little Dropkick Murphys, either.
                      I love running to Jimmey Eat World. They had a song that got some radio play a few years ago called "the Middle" but their most recent 2 albums, Bleed American and Futures, are great. Almost every song has a great beat and a ton of energy.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, I LOVE that song that was featured in "The Departed." Love that angry, Celtic/hard rock/hip hop. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am going to admit the most shameful song on my running playlist: Islands in a Stream, Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton. Now I will crawl into my corner.
                          2008 Goals
                        • Run 1250 miles
                        • Get down to 135!
                        • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
                        • mikeymike

Nope, as long as it's not "Tessie."

Runners run

JakeKnight

Might not be a bad idea to permanently pin-up this thread ...

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

Go Pre!

If I need a good boost that will last a while, More than a feeling by Boston wins everytime...and for the shame song...Like a Prayer by Madonna. Now to my corner Blush