Any good music for running (Read 4255 times)

Now that was a bath...

Currently playing for the Kookster's ears... Moby - Natural Blues Patsy Cline - Back in baby's arms Space - Female of the species Britney Spears - Toxic Panjabi MC -Mundian to back KE Underworld - Born Slippy The Doors - People are strange Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey -I know what you want Kelis - My Milkshakes Kelis - I'm bossy Kelis - I hate you so much right now Nancy Sinatra - These boots are made for walking The prodigy - Smack my bitch up Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Callifornication The Cure - Close to me The Pussycat dolls - Buttons The Pack - Got my Vans on The Red Hot Chill Peppers - Apache Rose Peacock The Verve - Bitterswet Symphony The White Stripes - Seven Nation army Jet - Are you gonna be my girl Robbie Williams - Angel The Black Eyed Peas - Hey Mama The Verve - The drugs don't work The Black Eyed Peas - Latin Girls I like the Nancy Sinatra best. Always makes me smile. Kelis, The Prodigy and the Black Eyed Peas make me faster. The Verve & Moby inspire me to keep going. The rest I just like - except Robbie Williams - he will be deleted as soon as I can be bothered. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    Chicago 26.2 07

Josh B and VA 123, Any of the Newsboys stuff is really up tempo. My favorites are Shine and Spirit Thing. I also Like Kutlass. For the Secular music fans. I have a clean version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day that seems appropriate for the runner who runs alone. I also like Never Been any Reason by HEAD EAST!

Prophet!

I'm not very religious but i've been getting into some spiritual kicks during my runs lately - Building Steam with a Grain of Salt - DJ Shadow (i have this song at the start of every mix and at the end) Road to Zion - Damian Marley (ft. Nas) Jerusalem King Without A Crown Time of Your Song - All by Matisyahu (sweet rappin Rabbi) Exodus Ride Natty Ride - Bob Marley Jesus Walks Touch the sky - Kanye West With My Own Two Hands - Ben Harper Renegades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine (funk is always spiritual)... peace..
          I don't run with music ever but I have to when I do my stationary bike workouts, but I suppose the same principles apply. Big grin...here's my playlist for just that purpose.....well, excerpted I guess because the actual playlist's far too long.... Clash - London Calling Franz Ferdinand - Take me Out R.E.M. - Bad Day Rusted Root - Drum Trip Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Keep on Rockin in the Free World The Decemberists - 16 Military Wives The Who- Baba O'Riley Talking Heads-Burning Down The House Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Running Down A Dream Heart - Barracuda & Magic Man The New Radicals - Mother We Just Can't Get Enough Futureheads- Hounds of Love Our Lady Peace - Starseed The Killers- Jenny Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song & Ramble On U2- Vertigo Oasis- Lyla Offspring - Gone Away Melissa Etheridge - Bring Me Some Water Coldplay -Daylight & Speed of Sound Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues Counting Crows- Angels of the Silences Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You Iggy Pop - The Passenger David Gray - Wisdom And I wasn't going to, but since everyone else is including their embarassing one.... *whispered* (This Love by Maroon 5)
          cnlifeasitis

I just checked out the links for the PodRunner tracks and they look really good. Does anyone know of the average file size for the downloads?
            If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's my playlist for my 10 mile virtual race tomorrow. Should be plenty to get my through warm-up, run, and cool-down: Bootylicious - Destiny's Child Doggy Style - DJ Alligator Project Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand Dirty Horse - Gram Rabbit I See You Baby - Groove Armada SexyBack - Justin Timberlake Let Me Talk to You Prelude / My Love - Justin Timberlake Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue Can't Get You out of My Head - Kylie Minogue Come into My World - Kylie Minogue Maneater - Nelly Furtado Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado Say It Right - Nelly Furtado Do What You Want - OK Go Here It Goes Again - OK Go Television, Television - OK Go Stupid Girls - P!nk 'Cuz I Can - P!nk Leave Me Alone - P!nk U + Ur Hand - P!nk Get the Party Started - P!nk All Fired Up - Pat Benatar Invincible - Pat Benatar Faster Kill Pussycat (Featuring Brittany Murphy) - Paul Oakenfold featuring Brittany Murphy Jerry Was A Race Car Driver - Primus Tommy The Cat - Primus Real Gone - Sheryl Crow Baby Got Back (Album Version) - Sir Mix-a-Lot Zoo Station - U2 Achtung Baby The Fly - U2 Mysterious Ways - U2 Rhythm of the Night - Valeria

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jakesdamajorbomb

i love music but while running i like to leave the music at home because music keeps you from listening to yourself and makes your mind wander making you fall off pace.
                "Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any" - Anthony Bailey "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre "Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him,' and I just took off." - Pre "The will to win means nothing if you haven't the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa

Now that was a bath...

i love music but while running i like to leave the music at home because music keeps you from listening to yourself and makes your mind wander making you fall off pace.
                  Personally I think that when returning from a run one should elevate ones hips on the conception curve to help get back on pace. Oops - wrong forum. Claire xxx
                • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Prophet!

that's hilarious claire...and i think it definitely is in the right forum Big grin
                    va

Some classic rock picks... Renegade - Styx Tom Sawyer - Rush I've Seen All Good People - Yes Roundabout - Yes
                        I just checked out the links for the PodRunner tracks and they look really good. Does anyone know of the average file size for the downloads?
                        The podrunner files sizes vary but they are around 60 megabyes per file +/- 5%. My general rule of thumb is 128 KB encoded mp3 files (like podrunner) take about 1 MB per minute of music - so 60 minutes encoded at 128 KB is about 60 MB. I also like the podrunner techno-dancey-funk for walk/runs and have been having some fun as I walk by adjusting my cadence faster or slower than the music's bpm. If I'm listening to 132 bpm but take 9 steps for every 8 music beats I get cadence of 9*132/8 = 148.5 steps per minute. After I'm worn out at this pace (in about 2 minutes Smile) I'll slow back down to 8 steps / 8 beats or 7 steps / 8 beats if I'm really tired or just cooling down. It's kind of fun doing this (for me anyway) and it's useful since many of the podrunner mixes are too fast for walking or too slow for running.

Prophet!

its been forever since i listened to music while running but i thought Linkin Park's Bleed it Out would make a pretty good pick me up song!
                            As someone who limps along with the Galloway run/walk program, the Stones "Walk Before They Make Me Run" from Some Girls always cracks me up. On more than one occasion, I've been saved on hills by a well timed "grind it out" song. Two faves are "Bawitdaba" by Kid Rock and "Come With Me" by P. Diddy from the Godzilla soundtrack (with samples from Zep's Kashmir). Thanks for bringing an oldie but goodie thread back to life.

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I don't know if this a "good" song for running but last night I borrowed my wife's mp3 player and as I was trying to climb evil hill (that's what my running partner and I have named it) It's okay to cry by Amanda Wilkinson started playing. Cry

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Think Whirled Peas

For me, it's anything hard. And by hard, i mean head-banging, slam dancing, angry, fist pumping, throw down music. This is particularly true if I'm trying to go out and really hammer a run (admittedly, this means a pretty slow pace for most people, but HEY, my arse is working hard, so IT COUNTS!Smile) I need adrenaline pumping to get me through those runs sometimes. In no particular order, here are some runs in my "ATTACK" list (and yes, ATTACK is the actual playlist name! Big grin) 10,000 Fists - Disturbed Do or Die - Papa Roach Wired - Sevendust Clash with Reality - Pantera Glass - Incubus Poem - Taproot Sick - Seven Wiser Crawl - Staind The Man Without Fear - Drowning Pool Dread and the Fugitive Mind - Megadeth Hands of Death - Rob Zombie Sold Me - Seether Ozone - Fuel Go - Pearl Jam Because of You - Nickelback Won't Back Down - Fuel 'til I collapse - Eminem Colors - Crossfade Sugarcoat - Breaking Benjamin High Wire Escape Artist - Boysetsfire Cowboys from Hell - Pantera Here to Stay - Korn Bleed - Puddle of Mudd Dang, looking at that list I'd say there's something going on w/my subconsious and my need for running, eh?!?! Cool

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>