Any good music for running (Read 4255 times)

Moondog

Dinosaur Jr. - their new album Beyond is killer. Original lineup that broke up in like 1990 is back. These guys paved the way for Nirvana, etc....A bit ahead of their time. Silversun Pickups - hot new LA (Silverlake to be exact) band that is touring the world right now. Foo Fighters - nuff said Lemonheads - one of my all time faves. Pure power pop. Band of Horses - another cool newer group. R.A.T.M. - personally don't like their leftist guerilla politics but....they rage.

The Meek One

Great Stuff!! I am very impressed my the fantastic tastes of my peers. Ozamatli is a great band to listen to all sorts of positivity and a great groove. The Sea and Cake is also a super band to move to Finally, ladies I highly recommend Andres Cabas an incredibly sexy Colombian who sings the cumbia with soul

Me and my RP

Paralyzer- Finger Eleven Hands Clean- Alanis Morrisette AMber-311 Feelin' Love- Paula Cole Kashmire- Led Zeppelin Stronger- Kanye West Foundations- Kate Nash Anything Lily Allen Loads of others..can't remember just now
        grateful runner

Lets hear it for the Grateful Dead. Being a music teacher, I have a wide array to choose from on my ipod. Hands down, the dead is the best running music. Evil grin
          2009 Goals 1500 Miles 21:30 5K 1:40 Half Marathon 3:45 Marathon 200 Mile month
          Sulli42

All of these songs are between 150 and 155 BPM, perfect for running. Smile Rambunctious Boy ~ John Fogerty Devil with the Blue Dress ~ Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheelers Personality Crisis ~ New York Dolls Crazy Little Thing Called Love ~ Queen Sir Psycho Sexy ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers What The !@#$ Are We Sayin' ~ Lenny Kravitz Wicked Garden ~ Stone Temple Pilots Summertime Blues ~ Eddie Cochran Shake, Rattle & Roll ~ Big Joe Turner Brand New Cadillac ~ The Clash Say It Ain't So ~ Weezer Hey Hey What Can I Do ~ Led Zeppelin Devil Inside ~ INXS Los Angeles ~ Frank Black One Love ~ Bob Marley & The Wailers Excuse Me Mister ~ Ben Harper
              OK, wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I honestly got a boost this morning at the end of my run by a song... "Marvelous Light" ... Charlie Hall Others .... David Crowder Leeland Jeremy Camp Starfield
              2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
                i've been listening to Explosions in the Sky ...they're a post-rock band from texas and they did the songs in the movie Friday Night Lights...nice changes in tempo....perfect for my long runs.
                love them
                  Lets hear it for the Grateful Dead. Being a music teacher, I have a wide array to choose from on my ipod. Hands down, the dead is the best running music. Evil grin
                  Finally someone has some good taste in music on this post!! Cool As for me, I think the perfect match for the energy involved in running can only be found in listening to a live show while running. (my favorite is any phish show from '97)
                    Metallica!
                      Trentman - I'll probably be called a "mainstram Metallica" guy for this, but two awesome running songs are Enter Sandman and Turn the Page. I never get sick of hearing them, and they always give me a huge boost when I need it!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Enter Sandman is a classic song (I do get tired of hearing it at concerts though) and Turn The Page is an excellent cover. Try Fuel or Battery... those two songs always pump me up!
                        rohan_orton

Le Desorde C'est Moi

i discovered that running to techmetal and mathcore gives you a stitch and makes you fall over after 2miles Tongue
                          "I don't feel that it is necessary to know exactly what I am. The main interest in life and work is to become someone else that you were not in the beginning." - Michel Foucault
                            my playlist for raceday on saturday: stars: soft revolution at the drive-in: one-armed scissor jimmy eat world: bleed american mutemath: chaos jimmy eat world: a praise chorus muse: the fine print jimmy eat world: lucky denver mint the postal service: such great heights thrice: the artist in the ambulance bloc party: banquet john mark mcmillan: make you move bloc party: helicopter finch: perfection through silence minus the bear: drilling minus the bear: hooray stars: ageless beauty stars: what i’m trying to say not the most widely known bands, but great tempos...at least for me Smile
                              Top 5 Addictions - Hidden in Plain View Around the World - Red Hot Chili Peppers Fight for Your Right - Beastie Boys Blacking out the Friction - Death Cab for Cutie A Praise Chorus - Jimmy Eat World Act a Fool - Lil John & Three 6 Mafia Ocean Breathes Salty - Modest Mouse Crush - Jimmy Eat World Bulls on Parade - Rage Against Machine Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum Snow - Red Hot Chili Peppers Reptilia - The Strokes Cheer it On - Tokyo Police Club We Will Become Silouhettes - The Postal Service Just one of my many playlists
                              keep running!
                                Some stuff I particularly enjoy running to: Saxon Shore - Isolated by the Secrets of Your Fellow Men Voxtrot - Wrecking Force Pulp - Common People Jesu - Star (best during the last leg)