Any good music for running (Read 4255 times)

Gig

MP3s cause all that is unholy and wrong in the world. Right now I have some lectures on Buddhism on mine. I started listening to them a few months ago, and hated them, but I couldn't figure out why. The content was good, but something was irksome. I finally figured out that the guy talking sounded just like me. I'm told I have a nice voice, but I don't like it, and I really don't want to listen to me for hours on end. Like Gumbee said, MP3s cause all that is unholy and wrong in the world. Clowning around
      here's my most unholy playlist. don't drive while listening to it... Evil grin track / band / cd Intro / Anthrax / We've Come For You All I'm So Sick / Flyleaf / Flyleaf Right Now / Korn / Greatest Hits v1 Dig / Mudvayne / LD 50 Wait and Bleed / Slipknot / Slipknot Fucking Hostile / Pantera / Vulgar Display of Power Black Dahlia / Anthrax / We've Come For You All Primitive Future / Sepultura / Beneath the Remains The Dog Obeys / Massive Attack / Unleashed Suite-Pee / System of a Down / System of a Down War / Wumpscut / Embryodead Paranoid Opioid / Corrosion of Conformity / In the Arms of God Liberate / Disturbed / Believe Waiting to Die / (Hed)Pe / Broke Under My Skin / Mudvayne / LD 50 Bruise Violet / Babes in Toyland / Rhino:Women Who Rock Redneck Stomp / Obituary / Frozen in Time Impetus / Clutch / Live at the Googolplex Let's Do This Now / Korn / Take a Look in the Mirror Metabolic / Slipknot / Iowa Dead Sun / Crowbar / Lifesblood for the Downtrodden Chromatic Death / Anthrax / Attack of the Killer B's
        ...and on the other end of the spectrum... this will relax you even in 110f... Smile track / band / cd Simplesmente (Balearic Mix) / Bebel Gilberto / Remixed Esta Noche / Federico Aubele / Gran Hotel Buenos Aires All I Need / Air / Moon Safari Destiny / Zero 7 / Simple Things Country Livin'(World I Know) / Esthero / Breath From Another The Sea / Morcheeba / Big Calm 6 Underground / Sneaker Pimps / Do Not Adjust Your Set Segredo / Suba / Sao Paulo Confessions Dirty Little Secret (Thievery Corp Mix) / Sarah McLachlan / Bloom (Remix) Angel Eyes (Layo & Bushwacka Mix) / Ella Fitzgerald / Verve Remixed 2 Mourning Air / Portishead / Portishead Girl / Wax Poetic / Nublu Sessions Teardrop / Massive Attack / Mezzanine who Needs Forever (Thievery Corp Mix) / Astrud Gilberto / Verve Remixed Tell Me / Wax Poetic / Nublu Sessions Aganju / Latin Project/Bebel Gilberto / Remixed Angels / Wax Poetic / Nublu Sessions In the Waiting Line / Zero 7 / Simple Things Fubmling Toward Ecstasy (Jr. Boys Mix) / Sarah McLachlan / Bloom (Remix) Everything is OK / Halou / Wholeness EP Contigo / Federico Aubele / Gran Hotel Buenos Aires August Day Song / Bebel Gilberto / Tanto Tempo Remixes Tanto Desejos / Suba / Sao Paulo Confessions Tape Loop / Morcheeba / Who Can You Trust? To Ulrike M. (Zero 7 Mix) / Doris Days / New, Used and Absurd Smile / Dzihan & Kamien / Smile (Single)
        Vally

How about No Doubt, The Killers and The Cult?

Sweaty

I hear all kinds of music, here is my top list to run. A bit of old and new music. Big grin Pink Floyd The Cars Led Zeppelin Satriani Deep Purple Faith no More Linkin Park U2 Red Hot C Moby Korn Rasmus Mc´s Dj Tiesto Evanescence Inuyasha(jpop That is very good) and some ,Budda bar and Deep Forest for slow run Wink
            I don´r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L

Fool

Total newbie here. Starting week 3 of 'One Hour Runner' after finishing C25K. I've had the radio on, but have had it just as background while I'd amuse myself staring at treadmill data. Suddenly, I'm grooved on the music. Turns out to be Carl Perkins "Honey Don't". I wish I knew more about music, because whatever BPM that song is... is what my body is extremely happy running at. Felt great and made good time (for me). I'm putting together a rockabilly playlist to test this theory further on tomorrow's run.

Beatin' on the Rock

oops Not sure why this keeps putting up new posts when I try to modify...
                Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Beatin' on the Rock

?

Beatin' on the Rock

All of these songs are between 150 and 155 BPM, perfect for running. Smile
                    My desired bpm, too! Try these: Girl Beck Pump it Black Eyed Peas B.O.B. OutKast Animals Nickelback Lose Yourself Eminem How Far We've Come Matchbox Twenty This Modern Love Bloc Party Somewhere I Belong Linkin Park Love, Reign O'er Me Pearl Jam And, my superfastwaytoendarun: Ain't Nothing Wrong with That Robert Randolph SmileOh, I have so many more that I love to run to! Music moves me. Literally. Smile Try this, too: http://www.goruneasy.com/RunEasy/#section=PlaylistDirectory.aspx (Great playlists here).
                      If you want to be brave And reach for the top of the sky And the farthest point on the horizon Do you know who you'll meet there Great soldiers and seafarers, Artists and dreamers Who need to be close, close to the light They need to be in danger of burning by fire And I, I want to get there I, I want to be one One who is touched by the sun, One who is touched by the sun Often I want to walk [ Lyrics found at www.mp3lyrics.org/ALW ] The safe side of the street And lull myself to sleep And dull my pain But deep down inside I know I've got to learn from the greats, Earn my right to be living, Let my wings of desire Soar over the night I need to let them say "She must have been mad" And I, I want to get there I, I want to be one One who is touched by the sun, One who is touched by the sun I've got to learn from the greats, Earn my right to be living, With every breath that I take, Every heartbeat And I, I want to get there I, I want to be one, One who is touched by the sun, One who is touched by the sun. -Carly Simon
                      I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                        I like stuff that tends to be heavy and driving like SOAD, metallica, breaking benjamin, interspersed with some techno and a few good smoother classic rock sings. Each music type shift seems to reenergize me. A Question however: How do most of you carry you IPOD's when you run. I just got one a week ago and have been laying it on the treadmill because it would swing around in my pocket. Problem is, it doesn't let me dirft as far back on the mill as I would like.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Gotta TRI

I just got an ipod for christmas and it totally rocks. So far I've got a Lance Armstrong interval training which is pretty cool, it's got some kick a$$ songs like woman from Wolfmother. also has some weezer, beck, and queens of the stone age. Then I've also added: paralyzer from finger eleven, some foo fighters, linkin park, chili peppers and buck cherry. Ran with it the other day and honestly ran further than I ever have. I'm using an armband and had no problems with it.
                          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Drunk Half Lotus Pose

Current running favs that really jazz me. Shame Shame Shame -- Soul Shakers Ft. CeCe Peniston Is There Anybody Out There (Just Get Up and Dance) -- Bassheads Piece Of Me (Bimbo Jones Remix) -- Britney Spears I Want Your Soul -- Armand Van Helden I Found You (Remode) -- Axwell Feat. Charles Salter Handle Me (SoulSeekerz Remix) -- Robyn These Words (Bimbo Jones Remix) -- Natasha Bedingfield Let Me Think About It -- Ida Corr/ Fedde Le Grand Free (Full Intention Club Mix) -- Ultra Nate Sorry (Pet Shop Boys Remix) -- Madonna You've Got The Love -- The Source ft Candi Staton Umbrella (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanual Club Remix) -- Rihanna Every Single Day -- Benny Benasi Brothers Hide And Seek (Tiesto In Search of Sunrise Remix) -- Imogen Heap ~Jen
                            Jennifer
                              Jay-Z's version of Linkin Park's "Numb" is a bada$$ running tune....It ALWAYS pumps me up when it comes on the iPod...
                              "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                                here's my most unholy playlist.
                                What, no M.C. Solaar, as your name would suggest? Although the idea of French rap is hilarious, he's really good - "Le Nouveau Western" is an amazing song!