Any good music for running (Read 4255 times)

What, no M.C. Solaar, as your name would suggest? Although the idea of French rap is hilarious, he's really good - "Le Nouveau Western" is an amazing song!
    Smile here's my mc solaar mix... the segues work fairly well. carpe diem on his latest cd chapitre 7 is nice too! (ps - email me at mc_solar_99 at yahoo dot com and i'll send you a link to the mp3 file) Nitro / Le Tour de la Question Zoom / Le Tour de la Question Hijo De Africa / Mach 6 Nouveau Western / Prose Combat Hasta la Vista Mi Amor! (Intro) / Cinquieme As Hasta la Vista Mi Amor! / Cinquieme As Rmi / Cinquieme As Caroline / Le Tour de la Question Solaar Pleure / Cinquieme As La Vie Est Belle / Mach 6 Obsolete / Prose Combat Playmate / Cinquieme As Au Pays De Gandhi / Mach 6 Today Is A Good Day / Mach 6 Prose Combat / Prose Combat Guerilla / Mach 6 Degats Collateraux / Cinquieme As Cash Money / Mach 6 Illico Presto / Le Tour de la Question Sauvez Le Monde / Mach 6
    jenzwhiz

yeah, well there plenty of free podcasts or whatever on the internet that are supposedly "designed" for workouts, but remember -- you get what you pay for -- the creators of these podcasts have to rely on "free" music...... they can't license real hits, they could never afford to .... if you look carefully at the playlists, you'll realize they are all either outdated techno from back in the 90's, or they are really "underground" (i.e. terribly, terribly boring) tracks, with just a beat going forever until u want to kill yourself -- .... If you want something that's really going to get you motivated and keep you motivated... I recommend the "Euro Club Hits" series -- it's on iTunes -- you can just search for it, or try this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+ Wink
      dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

yeah, well there plenty of free podcasts or whatever on the internet that are supposedly "designed" for workouts, but remember -- you get what you pay for -- the creators of these podcasts have to rely on "free" music...... they can't license real hits, they could never afford to .... if you look carefully at the playlists, you'll realize they are all either outdated techno from back in the 90's, or they are really "underground" (i.e. terribly, terribly boring) tracks, with just a beat going forever until u want to kill yourself -- ....
        Okay, you stepped into my ring here, so I feel perfectly free to tell you that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. We spent a solid year securing legitimacy for tracks for Podrunner and it costs us a fortune, and to somehow deride what I and other podcasters do because it doesn't cost you anything is the most frakked-up logic I've heard in a while. I don't mind if you don't like what I do. I mind very much if you misinform others about what I do. Also interesting to see you clearly cut & pasted the same reply over at coolrunning australia. I wonder what your stake in the Euro mixes you linked to is.
        Steve Boyett
        Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
        Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
          How about No Doubt, The Killers and The Cult?
          How about I'd Rather, Somebody, Shoot Me?
            yeah, well there plenty of free podcasts or whatever on the internet that are supposedly "designed" for workouts, but remember -- you get what you pay for -- the creators of these podcasts have to rely on "free" music...... they can't license real hits, they could never afford to .... if you look carefully at the playlists, you'll realize they are all either outdated techno from back in the 90's, or they are really "underground" (i.e. terribly, terribly boring) tracks, with just a beat going forever until u want to kill yourself -- .... If you want something that's really going to get you motivated and keep you motivated... I recommend the "Euro Club Hits" series -- it's on iTunes -- you can just search for it, or try this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+ Wink
            Remember when Spam was just a weird meat? This is everywhere Steve.
            dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Ah. I usually spot it right off, too. Slipping in my paranoid dotage. Smile
              Steve Boyett
              Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
              Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
                Some music that I always listen to on runs are Stratosphere - Stratovarius Phoenix - Stratovarius Last of the Survivors - Suspyre Distant Skies - Suspyre City under Sands - Suspyre Blood and Passion - Suspyre not many people have heard of them but when I show it to my friends who run they always say no wonder you run like you do. It helps me.
                AroundTheHorn

Robert Miles- Children (a thinker) Detfones - Headup (a rocker) Daft Punk - Da Funk (a dancer)
                  Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

jules2

Robert Miles- Children (a thinker) Detfones - Headup (a rocker) Daft Punk - Da Funk (a dancer)
                    At last civilisation surely you mean any Daft Punk especially their latest Alive 2007. Followed closely by Luke Slater, Timo Maas, Gwen Stefani and LCD Soundsystem.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

At last civilisation surely you mean any Daft Punk especially their latest Alive 2007. Followed closely by Luke Slater, Timo Maas, Gwen Stefani and LCD Soundsystem.
                      I have absolutely thrashed LCD Soundsystem last album Big grin Great album to run to. Now listening to The Hold Steady, Cold War Kids and an Aussie band called Eddie Current Suppression Ring.
                      johnplayer

view this www.olympicsrecords.com Hi olympics are started recently,so now beijing olympics are fantastic to watch ,i hope u all also like to watch the updates, so u check www.olympicsrecords.com ,which is so nice and good looking website i hope u all like it ....
                        AroundTheHorn

Lcd soundsystem has definitely been rotated a lot in my playlist. They have a very unique sound.
                          Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

jules2

As mentioned before I really like LCD but for sheer mindless beat to get you going try to get to listen to some Luke Slater

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

noahyoung

I've been listening to el ten elven lately for running Wink

De-slacking in progress

here's my most unholy playlist. don't drive while listening to it... Evil grin track / band / cd Intro / Anthrax / We've Come For You All I'm So Sick / Flyleaf / Flyleaf Right Now / Korn / Greatest Hits v1 Dig / Mudvayne / LD 50 Wait and Bleed / Slipknot / Slipknot Fucking Hostile / Pantera / Vulgar Display of Power Black Dahlia / Anthrax / We've Come For You All Primitive Future / Sepultura / Beneath the Remains The Dog Obeys / Massive Attack / Unleashed Suite-Pee / System of a Down / System of a Down War / Wumpscut / Embryodead Paranoid Opioid / Corrosion of Conformity / In the Arms of God Liberate / Disturbed / Believe Waiting to Die / (Hed)Pe / Broke Under My Skin / Mudvayne / LD 50 Bruise Violet / Babes in Toyland / Rhino:Women Who Rock Redneck Stomp / Obituary / Frozen in Time Impetus / Clutch / Live at the Googolplex Let's Do This Now / Korn / Take a Look in the Mirror Metabolic / Slipknot / Iowa Dead Sun / Crowbar / Lifesblood for the Downtrodden Chromatic Death / Anthrax / Attack of the Killer B's
                                thanks for making me feel OLD at 46- I've never heard of any of those artist but then again I'm a country and classic R&R person

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14