ONE THING I REALLY HATE ABOUT MY SMART (DUMB ASS) PHONE (Read 167 times)

I downloaded a Runkeeper app on my phone to record my runs with.   The problem is this time of year I work up a good sweat.   And when I'm done running and try to stop the app and then save my run, it becomes an exercise in futility!  all because my fingers are too sweaty, even though I'm wiping them dry on the towel I carry with me and the drier parts of my clothing too, it still takes forever to push a simple button on the screen and have it obey my command.  I searched all over the internet and nobody seems to have a solution for this problem too.   I'm thinking about carrying some paper towels tomorrow in my back pockets and using them to dry everything at the end of what should be another sweaty run.   What else can I really do? 

Stay gold, red bird!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I short out all "sport" headphones.  On Fri in <2 miles my Bluetooth headphones were tweaking.  Earlier headphones with cords would send sweat into my various iPods and eventually fry them.

i feel your pain.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

What else can I really do? 

Ask a police officer for assistance?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I searched all over the internet and nobody seems to have a solution for this problem too. 

Here is the link you're looking for. You're welcome.

Dave

Christirei

A friend of mine wraps her phone (that is strapped to her upper arm) in a ziplock baggie, it seems to work for her. She does have to wear a wrap around her arm though to keep it from chaffing

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Just run baby!

don't run with your phone would be the best solution

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

#artbydmcbride

Run holding your hands out at face level  (Jazz Hands!)   That way they will be less sweaty when you go to use your phone. 

Runners run

Joann Y

I was just informed by some people that I work with that running in the kind of weather we had this last weekend is unsafe. Within 2 ft of these fine ladies are 1. a plate of brownies  2. shortbread cookies  3. chocolate  4. ranch dressing  5. potato chips  6. and assorted other goodies. These items, apparently, are totally safe and there is a lot less sweating involved. Just some things to think about.

JimR

I was just informed by some people that I work with that running in the kind of weather we had this last weekend is unsafe. Within 2 ft of these fine ladies are 1. a plate of brownies  2. shortbread cookies  3. chocolate  4. ranch dressing  5. potato chips  6. and assorted other goodies. These items, apparently, are totally safe and there is a lot less sweating involved. Just some things to think about.

They have their version of your best interests at heart

Joann Y

They have their version of your best interests at heart

Two weeks ago I was informed by a fellow physician that running was bad for my heart and I should be doing it much more moderately, definitely not marathoning. I tried to tell him that I don't know about that and besides that, I think people don't take into account the psychological benefits... blah blah blah... his eyes were already glazed over...

The Running Stan

Or when sweat falls off your face and hits the screen on your phone and it does something completely different then what you want it to do?

Or when sweat falls off your face and hits the screen on your phone and it does something completely different then what you want it to do?

I don't have that problem with my phone.   I do keep my phone in a Otterbox case (see image below) which clips on to my belt.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I got it. See if the cardinals will send you a game used rosin bag!