Recovering from too much too soon (Read 744 times)

Disclaimer, my log is not current. For the past month following the one hour runner program, my weekly mileage had gone down but I maintained two 5 mile runs a week. My life kind of blew up and I've been stressed out and depressed. Two weeks ago I had a motorcycle accident and some relationship stuff all in the same week that ended with me hardly running at all last week. It all culminated in a long run at 11:30pm last night. I needed out and set to do my 5 miles. The emotional relief I felt was a little stronger than the voice in my head yelling about injury prevention and joint pain. I did 9 miles. My knees are sore but not broke. I'm wondering what I should do to baby my body so this doesn't turn into something bad.
    You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
      If it was a one-time deal and you're merely sore and haven't strained/sprained/blown anything then I wouldn't worry about it. If you can do some light activity tonight it might help you be less sore as the week goes on. If running wasn't cathartic then a lot of people wouldn't do it.
      2008 Goals Don't attack the guy that passes me like I'm standing still when I think I'm running fast...I can't catch him anyway and I'd just look silly

Future running partner.

If it was a one-time deal and you're merely sore and haven't strained/sprained/blown anything then I wouldn't worry about it. If you can do some light activity tonight it might help you be less sore as the week goes on. If running wasn't cathartic then a lot of people wouldn't do it.
        WHAT HE SAID!

Dave

If you're just a little sore, you're fine. Don't stop running entirely. Run some easy 2's and 3's for the rest of the week and then get back at it next week. I'm finding that my legs feel better after a long run if I run easy rather than taking a rest day.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Thank you both. I'll make sure to run very easy tomorrow and see how I feel.
            You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
              Sorry to hear about your wreck and your relationship issues. Running can help. Your body will tell you if you're doing too much so pay attention. Nice work on the nine miler.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs