No littering (Read 2010 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Ben10 - This isn't the swamp where you have to be mean.  We have all been in the same position as buggs.  Your tired you just want to be done it would be easy to drop the bottles and not worry about them anymore no matter how much they weigh.  Good job Buggs.  I always have the same thoughts with my gu wrappers.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Thanks to this thread I must go home and watch Super Troopers tonight.  LOL  I forgot how much I love that movie.

Meow yes!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

xor

Packing out litter is important.  Packing out something heavy is also a pain in the ass... so there ain't nothing wrong with being supportive of that.  Is cool.

That said, I also see Ben's point, and I didn't read it as a diss of Bugs.  We do live in a weird society.

But I'm all for being supportive of good things.  Even if "good" oughta be "default".

In other news, I'm about to go run.  I'm sure I'll have to stop at Green Lake and use the facilities.  I'll make sure to flush.  Because God knows some people don't.

(and... WTF... running with a full bottle is a pain.  How hard is it to pull a damn lever... GAH).

kcam

Ben10 - This isn't the swamp where you have to be mean.  We have all been in the same position as buggs.  Your tired you just want to be done it would be easy to drop the bottles and not worry about them anymore no matter how much they weigh.  Good job Buggs.  I always have the same thoughts with my gu wrappers.

No, we haven't all had the urge to litter trails.  Hell, I pick up other people's litter when I run trails, it just ain't that big of a deal to carry em out with you.  I subscribe to the 'leave it in better condition than you found it' school of thought.  Must come from years of backpacking.  But props to those who resist the urge(!?) to litter our trails.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It is also expected that you do not deficate on the Lincoln Memoria

It is expected that you spell correctly, if you're going to be snotty.

(Well, not really, but it gave me a chance to jump on the snottiness bandwagon.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

It is expected that you spell correctly, if you're going to be snotty.

(Well, not really, but it gave me a chance to jump on the snottiness bandwagon.)

So in Bearcat Runner's case, the cryptic spelling is ok because he was not snotty?

Hee.

Ok, I'm leaving now.  I will make sure to flush.  And pick up litter.  And stop to provide CPR if need be.  I will give money to the firemen collecting it on the corner for MDA. I will run mostly easy, although easy may or may not be slow.

Cryptic

ummmm
                mikeymike

Yeah, I saw Ben's point too.  I even remember back when this thread started I began a reply in which I told a story of how I was just in a Dunkin Donuts and when the lady turned away to take a drive-through order and left the cash drawer open in front of me I refrained from grabbing the cash even though I really could have used it and aren't I a good person for that?  But I deleted it before posting because I was afraid I'd look snotty to those without a sense of humor.  Alas.

But hey it's good that people don't litter and it's good that people flush the toilets.

And for the record the story was not true at all.  Well I shouldn't say "at all" because I did go to a Dunks that day but I was the guy who went through the drive through so I have no idea what went on in there.

Runners run

and it's good that people flush the toilets.

But what about our water footprints? And if it's yellow, let it mellow?

Ok, I'm leaving now.  I will make sure to flush.  And pick up litter.  And stop to provide CPR if need be.  I will give money to the firemen collecting it on the corner for MDA. I will run mostly easy, although easy may or may not be slow.

OMG, you know you are spending a lot of time here if you get this. 

MTA:  ....or write this. 

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

xor

I did indeed flushy the potty.

JimR

No, we haven't all had the urge to litter trails.  Hell, I pick up other people's litter when I run trails, it just ain't that big of a deal to carry em out with you.  I subscribe to the 'leave it in better condition than you found it' school of thought.  Must come from years of backpacking.  But props to those who resist the urge(!?) to litter our trails.

hee...me neither.  I don't think the thought has ever crossed my mind.  And it peeves me off to see stuff tossed around like gu packets and gatorade bottles and other running related items.  Even in races, I'll do my best to toss cups into trash cans if they're there, or at worst within seconds of the water station (not somewhere half way between stops), and I've carried stuff in my hands in races to the next station just to make sure it didn't stay around as course litter.

And for the record the story was not true at all.  Well I shouldn't say "at all" because I did go to a Dunks that day but I was the guy who went through the drive through so I have no idea what went on in there.

I don't think we want to know what goes on in there.  Flushing toilets may be the least of our concerns.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So in Bearcat Runner's case, the cryptic spelling is ok because he was not snotty?

Cryptic spelling is ok, if it leads to a treasure.

Or if I can't distinguish it from correct spelling, which also happens.

Or if I'm too lazy to distinguish it, which is yet more likely.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

But what about our water footprints? And if it's yellow, let it mellow?

Rule of thumb -- if your footprints are yellow, there's something wrong with you, and you should stop at the next aid station and ask them where you can find a doctor, and what's the quickest way to get from the finish line to the doctor...