Inspire Me Please !! (Read 486 times)

Coach

I'm training to run a March marathon. The issue is that I have to train hard throughout the Wyoming winter. We already had 8 inches of snow! I'd love to hear some inspiring words to motivate me to get outside and run!! http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
      Sorry they don't involve mass quantities of snow, but every time I read these I wind up heading out the door. Tor Aanensen: from beginner to world champion in just 25 years Cliff Young the 61 year old ultra champion in gumboots MTA: The video know as "Can" by Team Hoyt is another, but YouTube keeps taking it down because of copyright Angry

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

I have a Buddy who was 40 years old and 210 lbs 2.5 years ago. He started running to get in shape so he could have his first child. Last April I ran a 5k with him and he PR’d with a 19:02. He has dropped down from 210 to 150 now. This past weekend he finished 2nd overall(only 3 seconds behind the leader) with a 16:33 for the 5k! In the past few months he has Qualified for Boston, set the NC Masters State Road record for the mile with a 4:51, run a 58:36 10 miles, and is currently leading our local series races in points. Oh yea he had his first child at 41 along the way. I also had the opportunity to run with Jamie Donaldson(A top Ultra Marathon runner) last year. She is a full time school teacher but still managed 6 200+ mile weeks this year! She won Bad Water for the women, broke the course record by an hour, and finished 3rd overall. All of that despite the fact that her husband nearly died the week before in a hiking accident. Nothing really compares to team Hoyt though! Although, the John Blaze story is definitely up there. If that doesn’t inspire you then I am not sure what will? The only thing to do about the snow is to move south! I think it is supposed to be 84 degrees here in NC today!
        jeffdonahue

I love this quote: "He did not understand why he would need a watch because, he said, he knew when it was daylight, when it was dark, and when he was hungry." Kind of makes you feel guilty for all the technology they pack into some watches now.
          JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Sorry they don't involve mass quantities of snow, but every time I read these I wind up heading out the door. Tor Aanensen: from beginner to world champion in just 25 years Cliff Young the 61 year old ultra champion in gumboots MTA: The video know as "Can" by Team Hoyt is another, but YouTube keeps taking it down because of copyright Angry
            Those are some really good reads as well!
            JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

I love this quote: "He did not understand why he would need a watch because, he said, he knew when it was daylight, when it was dark, and when he was hungry." Kind of makes you feel guilty for all the technology they pack into some watches now.
              Yea my Garmin lost its signal when I went through a tunnel the other day and I wanted beat it it to death for missing 3.6 seconds of my run! I hate to admit it but I have actually spent 15 minutes looking for my Garmin before a run before. If I had spent those minutes running instead of looking for my watch who knows what kind of shape I would be in now!