Best purchase? (Read 279 times)

arthurfin

Hello everybody. New here.
    Out of curiosity: What is the single best thing you have bought for $20?

Gator eye

Beer...

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

A bottle of Malort.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ack!

steph  

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I once bought a futon at a yard sale for $5. (Needed it for a sofa, not a bed.) The guys even delivered it to my apartment. It was awesome - due to life circumstances, I'd lived without any seating other than a couple of Target wood folding chairs for over a year. Ahhhh - helllooo, TV Naptime!

^^^That's pretty damn cool. I picked up a Coleman Lantern at a tag sale few years ago. It was brand new, just an older model, 20 bucks.

kilkee

runktrun

20 bucks for my cat.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

AnneCA

New showerhead.  That's running-related, isn't it?

One-year subscription (+$10 donation) to RunningAHEAD.com.

Ready, go.

delicate flower

<3

BimBamBooh

.com domain name Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Coffee maker.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

4-pack of Boom Sauce. (Actually only $12).

Runners run

Running related...my armitron stop watch. Picked it up at walmart for $16 something about 6 years ago when I (re)started running. Only piece of gear I've had for all 6 years. Faithfully keeps time of each run (except for long runs in new places - I wear a gps sometimes for those - and races, no watch). Never had to change the battery. Never washed the nylon/velcro band (ewww). No fancy features. Just start-stop and reset. I think it has a lap function. I don't use it. I love that watch.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Kalsarikännit

Lately?  Three nights lodging in Bolivia on Lake Titicaca.  Two in Copacabana, one on Isla del Sol.  Top pic is from my room.  Llama, terraced mountainsides, the lake, no cars, miles of trail that hit Incan ruins, and (just out of the picture) the snow covered Andes.  I finally saw the Southern Cross from outside of that room, and it was a very big deal for me (I may have gotten a little misty).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart