1977 JC Penney Catalog (Read 1390 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Click. Hilarity ensues.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The voice of mile 18

friggin hilarious! much better than working on a version 6 billion and one of a rough draft of a report Dead

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

friggin hilarious! much better than working on a version 6 billion and one of a rough draft of a report Dead
        Blech (what's the report?) Man those are some AWESOME clothes.
        2009: BQ?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've seen this a couple of times in recent weeks and it still cracks me up! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's a riot. Unfortunately, a whole bunch of us lived through (and... admit it...) wore some of that crap. The "getting your ass kicked on St Patrick's Day" suit was just about the same color of the tux I wore to my senior prom (don't criticize - it was bitchin' at he time). I laughed my ass off at the "helmet head" hair styles. You could cut your hand on all the hair spray! Shocked The one thing missing from all of the guys' wrists was the Timex watch with the cool 6" wide band that had 3 or 4 buckles. The friggin' thing would run from wrist to elbow! I can't think of a rational explanation for any of that stuff, but the one truly unforgiveable fashion statement, then and now, continues to be... the white belt with white shoes - staple of Florida. A huge WTF for that!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Mishka-old log

jeffgoblue, What exactly is the problem here? We don't see anything but exceptionally pleasing fashion revelations in the link you provided. Sincerely, The Gert Jonnys
              GP160

Boy am I glad I was not yet alive to witness that decade...HOLY HELL!
                Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
                  ROFL. You made my stitches hurt!! Funny stuff Jeff. I was born in 1971, I remember so much of that stuff!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Boy am I glad I was not yet alive to witness that decade...HOLY HELL!
                    Whipper snapper! It was petroleum-based fabrics and we liked it! Clowning around

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was born in '70 so most of my grade school pictures resemble that catalog. Sadly. Confused
                      ---- Cynthia

Another Passion

Those are some awesome clothes! Heck, my favorite pair of pants when I was a kid were a pair of bell-bottom, orange plaid, denims. I was a young STUD! Oh, and pair that with a white sweatshirt with red banding and a red number 44 on it and... you're one Starsky and Hutch dude!! Cool ps - don't forget the Tracks sneakers from Kmart with knee-high color-banded sweatsocks!

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

ps - don't forget the Tracks sneakers from Kmart
                          That and the Toughskins jeans from Sears.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

That and the Toughskins jeans from Sears.
                            I had, not one, but TWO pair. One for school and one for play. Big grin

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Well you kids were too cool for school. My mom wouldn't buy me any jeans -- but I had every potential color of polyester slacks that were manufactured. I didn't own a pair of jeans until I was in 3rd grade. No
                              ---- Cynthia

Burninated Peasant

Wow, I think I had the "how to get your ass kicked in elementary school" shirt. And haircut. Which may explain how I first learned to run fast.