Are you a warrior, purist, socializer, or exerciser? (Read 1164 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

G) spends more time planning epic race adventures than actually running Black eye Undecided

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

A little bit socializer, a lot bit warrior, and a decent bit exerciser! Big grin
      2009: BQ?
        Purist with a dash of exerciser. I started running again after I lost a lot of weight. I continue running for reasons that have nothing to do with other people & everything to do with the way I feel running alone at night through the streets of North Leominster or the forests of Worcester County.

Misinformation Officer

Exerciser-Purist Completely antisocial Pretty funny. Explains why my runs on the tm don't rally bother me--I just zone out and listen to my tunes and run.
            Probably a mix of warrior and exerciser. I see running as self-improvement, a way of making myself better after each run. Maybe a little purist as I like to clear my thoughts sometimes with runs. I am definitely not a socializer as I always run alone (I definitely prefer it that way).
              As expected, A WARRIOR, but with just enough Purist to stay motivated!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I haven't taken the quiz either, but here are my guesses based on others comments: Warrior - I'm highly competitive at everything I do...even if I know I won't win. Purist - though a spreadsheet addicted planner at most everything else in my life, my runs aren't planned on time, distance or anything. I do whatever I have time & energy for & I love to spend the time doing some random thinking & clearing my head while I run. Exerciser - I run, in part, to lose weight (though I don't actually lose weight, but it is part of the plan). I exercise obsessively, both running & cross training. I'm definitely not social, I run by myself 99.9% of the time & like it that way. Once every couple of months, zoom zoom & I do a training run together.
                So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

madness baby

I haven't actually taken the quiz, but most likely, this is me: Mostly, exerciser. Some, socializer (with my hubby) Now I've got to find a copy of the quiz!
                  deb
                  Running Bear

This was a great quiz - I fall somewhere between a purist and an exerciser.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm definitely not social, I run by myself 99.9% of the time & like it that way. Once every couple of months, zoom zoom & I do a training run together.
                      I have a feeling that if we lived closer that we would both be more social about our running, though. And you might be doing more hill workouts then, too. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

I couldn't find the quiz online, but I reckon I'm a purist. Though the internet is definitely transforming me into a stats-exerciser-mileage counting type, at least more so than before. That I feel guilty about this indicates purism.
                          I couldn't find the quiz online, but I reckon I'm a purist. Though the internet is definitely transforming me into a stats-exerciser-mileage counting type, at least more so than before. That I feel guilty about this indicates purism.
                          I have (or had) the magazine at home and actually filled it out. I came down a purist by a landslide and I'm almost certain you would too. And I just bought a GPS. Actually my reason for buying the GPS was almost the exact purist answer to one of the questions, which had something to do with running the same routes every day so as to compare times versus just going off exploring.

Runners run

Dh brought me a copy of RW he picked up at the airport so I finally took the test. Results didn't shock me much 6 a's 6 b's 1 c and 1 d, which makes me mostly purist/warrier with tiniest bit of exerciser & socializer. Modified cause I missed a question lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

oooops!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Do you often vary your routes? A: Not really. I like to compare times on a few courses as a check on my fitness. B:Yes, I know the town better than the postal carrier. Exploring is half the fun. C: It depends-if Others are going on a new loop, I'm happy to tag along. D: No. I stick to a few routes because the time passes faster when I'm on a familiar ground. 2:A pain that started a few weeks ago has gotten worse, and now you can barely run. What to do? A: Start a cross-training program to maintain my fitness, and revise my racing plans. B: Hobble through a few miles at whatever pace I can handle, and ice later. C: Volenteer to work at upcoming races to stay connected to the running community. D: Sign up for that yoga class I've wanted to try. 3:What's your take on diet? A:Food is fuel for training and racing. As the saying goes, if the furnace isn't hot enough, it will burn anything. B: I don't really think about my diet in terms of running, other than I know which foods interfere with my running, and I avoid them. C: I know I would probably be a better runner if I were more carefull about my diet, but my running doesn't dicate what I eat. D. Waching my diet is an important part of my overall fitness regimen. That said, I like to reward myself with a treat now and then. 4: What's importance in a race? A: Fast course, good competition, good weather. I'm there to meet a time goal. Good awards certainly don't hurt. B: Good organization. I want to be able to concentrate on my running and not to worry whether the course is accurate. C: Lots of people to run with and a good postrace spread. It should feel like a party. D: I don't race much , but when I do, a nice shirt and a good charitable cause. 5: You just don't feel like running what do you do? A: Look through my log for an explanation. If I have a race coming up, I'll probably back off for a few days until my legs feel fresh. B: head out-I'll feel better once I get going. Feeling bored or tired isn't a reason not to run. C: Call my running buddies in search of company. D: Take a few days off from running and doing some other form of exercise. 6: A major blizzard/rainstorm/heatwave is forecast to strike in a few days. What do you do before then? A: Get in a track workout and long run, and investigate the local treadmill options. B: Look forward to congratulating myself for heading out for a run in such conditions. C: Check my running club's website for updates on whether our group run will still be held. D: If I don't run for a few days due to bad weather, that's fine. I can always go to the gym 7: Long runs are..... A: A key componant of performance. I don't always like them, but they must be done. B: A weekly ritual that I enjoy C:The social highlight of my week. I don't really look forward to doing long runs by myself. D: A great way to burn calories 8:What do you think about lifting weights? A: It's not essential, but it does help me to the finishline kick. But I generally think that time spent lifting would be better spent running B: I don't like it, but I know it helps me avoid injuries, so I do it so that I can keep running. C: Lifting cans of beer after a run is important! D: I enjoy lifting. I fel stronger after a workout and it helps me fit in my clothes much better 9: How do you feel about running in the dark during the shortened days of winter? A: It's irritating. I often am forced to slow a bit, and it's hard to do a decent speed workout. B: I can't say I always love it, but sometimes I really enjoy it. A good run on a nice, calm moonlit night with little traffic makes me feel like I have the world to myself and that I'm doing something special. C: It's creepy running in the dark by myself, but if I have others to run with, I don't mind it. D: Isn't that what treadmills are for? 10: You usually run after work. But your new boss asks if you want to get a drink. Do you go? A: If it's a planned recovery day, maybe. On the day of an important workout, never. B. No When I go to bed that night, I'll much rather have run than met a social obligation. C. No. I'm due to meet the gang for a run, then go out for pizza and beer. D: Yes. I'll rearrange my schedule and make up for the run tomorrow. 11: How important are the health benefits of running to you? A: I don't think about them. I would probably still train hard if doing so were bad for me. B: I'm glad there are long-term benefits, but I'm more focused on how good running makes me feel today. C: They were one of my main reasons for starting, but now other things, like camaraderie, are what keep me running. D: They're very important. I like how running makes me look and feel, and it's a great way to keep my weight in check. 12: You're a minute slower for a 5k than last year. What do you do? A: Look through my logs for an explanation, seek advice on running message boards, and resolve to loose those two extra lbs I've been carring around. B: Dont' care too much, as long as the experience feels the same. C: Figure it's time to resume the club's weekly track workouts. I slack off on my own. D: How far again is a 5k? 13: What's your best running memory A: When I finally got my 10k PR down to where it should be. B: Not one specific memory, but a bunch of images from runs where I felt great. C: The camaraderie in our group doing all those long runs for our last marathon. D: The first time I ran 30 minutes straight. 14: While running, do you initate greetings with other exercisers? A: During an important workout, no. On other runs, maybe if they look like real runners. B: Usually not. I'm off in my own little world. C: Sure. The more of us, the merrier. D: Not really-I'm often too tired to lift my arm. Mostly A's Warrior Mostly B's Purist Mostly C's Socializer Mostly D's Exerciser