THANK YOU To Wingz/Janell (Read 613 times)

JakeKnight

Some big props go out to Wingz/Janell for all the work she does on the monthly "virtual races!" Smile Being semi-retarded, I hadn't really noticed that there's a whole group forum set up for the racers (which I just discovered). And I definitely didn't realize that - on top of announcing the races, planning the schedule, bugging people to sign up, bugging people for results, welcoming new racers, and compiling and reporting the results - she's also spent her own time setting up little "profile" pages for every single racer. That's a lot of work. (Raises glass of unidentified alcoholic beverage) Here's to Wings! Thank you.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

She IS awesome! Now, did you join the group?! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

She IS awesome! Now, did you join the group?! Big grin k
        The fact that I actually had to go check to see if I'd joined the group seems to confirm my self-diagnosis of mild retardation. But, yes, when I click on "user groups" and look under "my groups," I see "virtual racers." Which I assume means I joined the group. Even though I don't remember doing it. It may have been my evil twin. Or Mr. T. Who may actually be my evil twin. And (nice segue here, thank you) ... guess who I saw on Fox News last night? That's right: Mr. T. A coincidence? I think not.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Thanks, guys. I just had to do something to give back to RA... since I love this site so much! Thanks, Eric, for being my inspiration! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*cues "Wind Beneath My Wings" for Eric*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

*sings along completely off key...* la la la la la la la la la laaa! la la la la la la la la la! la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaa! la la la la la la la la la. Big grin *looks down* Nope, no wind there! Just a lot of hot air... Blush

Janell, you are awesome!!! Thank you for all of your hard work...and now I'll go report my race times to save you from having to bug me!!
                So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                scrumhalfgirl

I agree - love the virtual races!

-Jess

could not agere more, great job wingz love the forum and it keeps me motivated each month to get my times in and well she does remind me also...LOL
                      Kudo's Janell!!! Definetly want to thank you hun for all the hard work you've put into the virtual racing!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wingz

Professional Noob

Aw, c'mon, y'all! It's the *racers* that make the "Virtual" races work! And boy, look at all the racers that are coming! Wow! We've got a record-breaking group this time! And TONS of PR's! You guys ROCK!

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Janell, thanks for leading the charge in getting us out the door and running. You're an awesome race director!!!
                            I know I haven't run but one virtual race, but props to you anyway! I agree with the sentiment expressed by all. And, when my schedule permits, I'll be signing up. In fact, I thought I read somewhere about a virtual Half in November. If so, I'm there. Don't give up on me.
                            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48