How do you carry your cell phone during runs? (Read 599 times)

rld27

Straight-up advertising...

I made my own home made belt thing with two pockets on it. one for my mp3 player and one for my cellphone.  I use ziplock bags to keep them dry during the runs.  it is pretty stealth and cant tell I am wearing it if my shirt is long enough.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

running metalhead

What, no iPad version?  It's only a matter of time...

Bwahaaaa, that's what camelbacks are made for!!!
        I have already made some tests and it fits perfectly.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
        - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
        - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
        - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
        - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
        - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

diane_77

Love the SPIBELTs!  I don't even use the pocket on my capris half the time anymore.

EbonyN

MusicofEbony

Don't laugh, I carry mine in a fanny pack.

Formally known on the Runners World forums as Malletgirl02.

Outside Lane

Don't laugh - I pretty much ran my whole first marathon with my iPhone in my hand.  No music ... Just using it to track my pace/time.

See how they run...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This works pretty good, and you can fit your lunch in also:

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

hectortrojan

Thanks for the recommendation.  I picked one up and am very happy with it.

I got my wife a flipbelt and it seems like it's okay, but I like the iFitness belt better.  I really am liking not wearing the arm pocket anymore.

Would you please give some detail for your preference of iFitness belt over flipbelt?

npaden

Would you please give some detail for your preference of iFitness belt over flipbelt?

The biggest thing I didn't like about the flipbelt is that you have to step into it to get it on.  The iFitness belt has a clip that you just snap together to put it on.  Pretty trivial, but I like to just clip the belt on as pretty much the last thing I do before going out the door.

The iFitness belt seems to be more water protective than the flipbelt as well.  Not sure if it actually is, but the neoprene that the phone goes in seems more robust than the spandex type material that the flipbelt is made out of for protecting the phone.

Plus the iFitness belt is great for races because you just clip the number on it with the little bungee cord things and the flipbelt doesn't have that.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

CT JEFF

Im not using this, but it seems to be the best option.

2 way beeper. $9 a month. Send and receive messages.

https://www.securecartservices.com/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=48

I have ruined a $700 phone in my pocket in the rain but only had to pay the $100 insurance fee. Since then I use a ziplock baggie when I need to bring my phone. Ideally GARMIN needs to get into this field. I dont mind a GPS watch on my runs, and if it had Temp, Altimeter, Barometer (already options) as well as 2 way paging... well... that would be one sweet watch.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

hectortrojan

The biggest thing I didn't like about the flipbelt is that you have to step into it to get it on.  The iFitness belt has a clip that you just snap together to put it on.  Pretty trivial, but I like to just clip the belt on as pretty much the last thing I do before going out the door.

The iFitness belt seems to be more water protective than the flipbelt as well.  Not sure if it actually is, but the neoprene that the phone goes in seems more robust than the spandex type material that the flipbelt is made out of for protecting the phone.

Plus the iFitness belt is great for races because you just clip the number on it with the little bungee cord things and the flipbelt doesn't have that.

Thanks

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I carry this bad boy during my races. You iphone guys are wimps.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

rld27

In my bra Blush  under the top left strap.   I wear a compression top as well. I also have a cover on my phone. Works for me.

I created this sportsbra at isportsbra.com if you wanted to continue to wear it but maybe a little more securely! Smile

rld27

As a woman who runs alone 99% of the time, and at night during winter, and as a mother who wants to keep her phone on her in case of an emergency and needs to be reached, I need to have my phone on me during my runs. Right now during winter, my tights and capri's work because they have a back pocket with a zipper, but right now with these freak 60 degree temps I would love to wear my shorts, but I need to keep my phone on me. I've been trying to find shorts that have pocket for phones, or even running shirts that have a zipper pocket big enough for a phone (I don't think my phone will fit in my shirts). I really don't want to carry my phone in my hands dang it.

I created a bra to hold your phone isportsbra.com another product I really like but its too cold now is the skirtsports site they offer skorts with pockets as well Smile

I carry this bad boy during my races. You iphone guys are wimps.

--- Too bulky man, too bulky.  You need to MODERNIZE.

Here is what I use.  It is very light!  But...I will admit that it is hard to dial after I have been running awhile..... or also when it is hot and the salt is in my eyes.... or especially when my fingers have gotten cold...  But otherwise it is superb.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞