NAPA CA Half Marathon (Read 431 times)

Anybody here participate in the Napa HR? I've been running for 4 years and had no desire to do a HM until a woman runner I know (who know's I love wine and go to Napa every couple of years) told me about it. it peaked my interest and am hoping to make it my goal for 2008. What's the course like? I mean the roads in Napa are mostly flat, but if they take you off road, I can imagine that the hills could become killers? I was also wondering that instead of water or gatoraid at the stops, if they had wine tastings? Big grin

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Wow, nobody here has anything to say about this event. I was told over a thousand runners perticipated in it last year, so it looks to be a good size event.

LPH

Never been to the marathon, but I'd love to go drink some more wine Smile
        Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
        AnneCA

Do you mean the Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon? I looked at it for this year, but the timing isn't right for me. They do have a very comprehensive website, including elevation maps (there's not much elevation change total over the course, although since you go from Napa to Sonoma there's got to be at least one pretty big hill in there). Here's the website link with maps: http://www.runcarneros.com/Race_Info/The_Course/Course_and_Elevation_Map.htm Cheers! ETA: if you're going to do it, I think you need to register soon. It's limited to 2000, and I understand it sells out.
            13.1 miles in Napa in July??? That sounds a bit too hot for me...
              Thanks Anne, I"ll check out the site. I've been to Napa and Sonoma several times nad the roads themselves are pretty flat, but obviously there are plenty of hills for the Wineries.
              Do you mean the Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon? I looked at it for this year, but the timing isn't right for me. They do have a very comprehensive website, including elevation maps (there's not much elevation change total over the course, although since you go from Napa to Sonoma there's got to be at least one pretty big hill in there). Here's the website link with maps: http://www.runcarneros.com/Race_Info/The_Course/Course_and_Elevation_Map.htm Cheers! ETA: if you're going to do it, I think you need to register soon. It's limited to 2000, and I understand it sells out.

LPH