Hal Higdon? (Read 1144 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The Bar Exam studying is draining me of any and all energy ... someone please just tell me that I'll be okay Confused
    Hang in there. You'll do great! Soon, you'll have to change your screen name to Trishierunner, esq. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

mikeymike

MM, What is your thought on goal-pace running as part of the long run (as opposed to it being long slow distance)?
      Pretty much all my long runs contain some quality. If I'm training for a marathon, that usually means some marathon pace running. I almost never go out and do a run longer than 90 minutes at an easy or steady pace--the only exception usually is if I'm doing a very hilly run.

Runners run

Thanks, everyone. Lots of good advice. I'm starting to panic because my training started, technically, on Sunday ... and I did not get out of bed to get in 10 miles. The Bar Exam studying is draining me of any and all energy ... someone please just tell me that I'll be okay Confused
        There is nothing magical about 18 weeks. Keep your base good and then start training after the bar and move forawrd with a 16 week trainig program.
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
          hang in there Trishi! You'll be in the groove in no time. I know I previously said, I don't do speed work. I really don't think I set out often to do speed work... if I start running and am feeling particularly strong, I go hard and fast-er. But typically, most of my training runs are at a predictible pace. I don't do long and slow. I knowthe programs tell you to go slower on long runs, but I can't purposefuly set out to go slow. I do if I don't feel so hot but that's just because it's all I've got that day. But it doesn' make sense to me to go 20miles a minute or so per mile slower... Confused I know it's time running but when I do 20 miles, I wanna know just how steady and fast I can maintain pace. I don't do sprints or whatever 10 100's or whatever they say to do. I can't even wrap my mind around that kind of work out. I just want to put my shoes on and run. BUT. I am starting to understand how purposeful speed work would help with form which would help with sustaining the speed for longer periods. So I m ight incorporate more speed when I start training for Boston. or maybe not. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231