Ocean City Maryland (Read 389 times)

I'm way late on booking our summer vacation to OC MD. We want to try a new place this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels, condos, or rental homes? I've been researching all the hotels, but it would be nice to hear suggestions of people who stayed somewhere that they really liked. The place must be on the beach (ocean front), it must have a pool. Tennis courts would be ideal, but we could walk to the parks for that. There are 2 adults and 4 children so we keep running into the issue of standard rooms not being big enough. In the past we've gone with other family members so we've gotten two rooms, this year we're going without extras.

Michelle

I went to Ocean City one year. Not sure I'd go back. Nothing wrong the hotel (can't remember the name) but it was very built up and commercialized. My kids loved it because of the Boardwalk (plenty of opportunites to spend money on the games). I prefer more low key beach vacations.
      "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
        My kids loved it because of the Boardwalk (plenty of opportunites to spend money on the games). I prefer more low key beach vacations.
        I'm at this point, I would prefer going to the Outer Banks, but my husband and my older kids all want OC MD, they are hooked on the boardwalk. Thrasher's fries are calling them. Last year I had a rough time enjoying the trip as much as I'd like to, due to how much of a crowd there was every place we went. BUT...until the kids are worn out on it we'll keep going. My husband prefers the busy atmosphere too, so it'll be a while before I get my way and we try a calmer place.

Michelle

GP160

Michelle, I stayed at a cute B&B called The Peter Shields Hotel. I don't think they have a pool but they are right across from the beach. Very nice. A friend was married there in 2006 and we all stayed at the hotel. Good food too.
          Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
            Michelle, I stayed at a cute B&B called The Peter Shields Hotel. I don't think they have a pool but they are right across from the beach. Very nice. A friend was married there in 2006 and we all stayed at the hotel. Good food too.
            Thanks Gwen. Scott said no B&B's until were in our 60's. Big grin I looked a few of them though, some of them are very nice and I wouldn't mind staying in one. We are going to decide on the Commander which is beach front and on the boardwalk , or the Castle in the Sand, or the Hilton. The Hilton is too expensive in my opinion, but if we are desperate we'll go there.

Michelle