new twitter -- 15 feb 2012 (Read 776 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

new twitter makes me want to scream. why switch stuff from right to left? why hide everything that was formerly visible? what the ffff is up with changing for the sake of change? it's just different - not better. on the iphone i use twitteriffic, which is perfection, but they don't have a PC app. no, ternt, i am not going to get a mac so don't even say it!!! anyway, new twitter is rubbish!! rubbish, i say!! rubbish!!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Prince of Fatness

My Twitter is the same as it was yesterday, Waffles.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

Yeah, moving stuff from left to right, etc... is messed up. If you used a web dashboard like Hootsuite you wouldn't notice.

wtf is twitter?

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

taterpants, do you even use twitter?

xhristopher, thank you for your understanding. for reals, yo.

mikeymike, how's your funky bunch hanging?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

i tried hootsuite and it wasn't better than the twitter website. twitteriffic has the best integrated timeline i have seen anywhere - colour coded, DMs, RTs, all of it interlaced into one timeline. it's by far superiour to any other twitter interface i've used. well, except for the no-PC thing. that sort of sucks.

Prince of Fatness

taterpants, do you even use twitter?

I don't tweet, as I lead a boring life.  I use it mostly as a news feed.  I have the Echofon plug-in for Firefox.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

well. thanks a lot for not following me. 

gosh.

"run" "2" "eat"

p.s. firefox sucks too.

CHROME BABY!!!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

p.s. firefox sucks too.

CAMINO BABY!!!

FTFY

xor

POOR BABY

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I rarely use Twitter and just noticed this today.  It confuses me.  I'm with ya'.  Waffs.  This doesn't make me want to use Twitter more.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dennrunner

hadn't noticed until I took a look after your rubbishocity rant because I use a client most of the time.  however, I like the new format better. it's more like a file system directory...at least in Windows. don't know nothin' about the Mac stuff.

BeeRunB

new twitter makes me want to scream. why switch stuff from right to left? why hide everything that was formerly visible? what the ffff is up with changing for the sake of change? it's just different - not better. on the iphone i use twitteriffic, which is perfection, but they don't have a PC app. no, ternt, i am not going to get a mac so don't even say it!!! anyway, new twitter is rubbish!! rubbish, i say!! rubbish!!

They're always moving our cheese for no apparent reason, but juts to move our cheese and waste our time having to relearn the new flow. Not a fan of updates, especially on software on which I know really well, and is part of my creative process. But I do recognize that on the other hand it is good for my brain to be continuously learning and keeping sharp. But can't the cheese stay there for a little longer?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I was all in on Twitter for about a year and a half.  Followed all sorts of things, news, sports, local people, runners, etc.  Got to the point where I was following about 2000, had about 1400 following me.  Follow a lot of people, and they will follow you back, until you piss 'em off.  Tweeted thousands of times, most of them gems, as you'd expect.  I even said one truly great thing:

When I wear my black leather coat, I feel like motherfuckin' Shaft, bitches...

But I was following too many.  My signal-to-noise ratio dropped, and it was hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.  Tweets were flying past me too quickly to make sense of any of it.  I tried to trim my following list, but it was too tedious.  So I nuked the site from orbit.  Deleted my account.  It was the only way to be sure.

I figured I'd just start from scratch, and follow much more selectively.  I didn't get around to it right away, and after a couple of days of withdrawal, I felt elated to be free of the information overload. It was a relief.  So I never went back.

I may come back, but if I do, I'll follow Tater's lead and use it as a newsfeed.  No tweeting, lock the account down so no one can follow me, and let the news trickle in at a sustainable level.  I don't currently have a twitter account -- I just follow a few local feeds via Twitter SMS, get the occasional text telling me when some dipshit is blocking traffic.  Works for me.

Back to r2e's rubbish.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.