Table formatting issue? (Read 160 times)

Prince of Fatness

When I add a table and try to right justify columns it ignores the formatting when it is rendered.  The formatting looks fine when I am editing the post, and when I look at the HTML it appears as though the style attribute is set properly.  When I view the page source after I post the style is missing.

In the table below columns 2 and 3 are right aligned for the second and third row, or at least they should be.

Col 1Col 2Col 3
    Data 1 001 002
    Data 2 002 003

Running Windows 7 with the latest Firefox browser.  Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

The example in the OP shows the problem.  When I edit the post it is aligned properly, it just does not render properly after I post.

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

If I remember correctly, most styles are stripped out by the server to keep the look and feel consistent across all elements.  I'll have to look into how hard it would be to relax the restriction.

Prince of Fatness

I guess what threw me off is that the formatting tools are enabled and work in the editor, so I was not sure if there was a problem.

If you decide to keep stripping the style out then you may want to remove the formatting functionality in order to avoid confusion.

Thanks

Not at it at all. 

BlazinCajun

Is there a way to show all borders in a table created using the table drop-down? Or, what html code do I need to add to the source code?

Windows 7, Google Chrome

Andrew
            ------------------
            God, my Lord, is my strength;
            he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
            and enables me to go upon the heights.
            Hb 3:19

eric :)

Hi BazinCajun,

You can use the border and style attributes if you want to edit the html.  The TR and TD tags only accept the style attribute.

eric Smile

BlazinCajun

Thanks Eric, I added: border="1" style="width:300px" to the <table> code

Andrew
                ------------------
                God, my Lord, is my strength;
                he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                and enables me to go upon the heights.
                Hb 3:19