myths about running (Read 1897 times)

From my wife, I often hear:    

-And of course there is always "Any one that runs as much as you is really obsessed and its just not good for you"..........to which I reply, then you must be obsessed with watching 'The King of Queens' reruns, becasue that's what you're doing when I'm running..

Do you really say that to your wife?

I salute you sir!

Jeff

Do you really say that to your wife?

I salute you sir!

YES ---- I actually did say that to her...pissed her off royally but then she agreed that she was watching too much TV after work and she's been going walking now.    She CANT run because of bad ankles from an auto accident but she can walk..........and she is liking doing it....

Champions are made when no one is watching

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

...watching 'The King of Queens' reruns...

Reason enough to go out for a run, or for a second run.

Queen of 3rd Place

"You're almost there!" 

Ex runner

jfa

That reminds me of what one of my best friends said to me during my separation and eventual divorce from my first wife.

I was in the midst of back to back 3000 mile years and frequently talked about my running.

"Yea" he says, " you're only running that much because your life is so f##ked up".

DoppleBock

Interestingly enough I have 4 running friends that  went through divources and all say it was the best training time of their lives ~ I think they were training angry.

That reminds me of what one of my best friends said to me during my separation and eventual divorce from my first wife.

I was in the midst of back to back 3000 mile years and frequently talked about my running.

"Yea" he says, " you're only running that much because your life is so f##ked up".

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

bhearn

Interestingly enough I have 4 running friends that  went through divources and all say it was the best training time of their lives ~ I think they were training angry.

Is that what it takes to really improve? Hmm, I'm not sure my marriage could survive that.

YES ---- I actually did say that to her...pissed her off royally but then she agreed that she was watching too much TV after work and she's been going walking now.    She CANT run because of bad ankles from an auto accident but she can walk..........and she is liking doing it....

Good for you!  And her.

Jeff

kcam

My divorce from wife #1 was the impetus in me going  from  a three-times-a-week fitness jogger ('not that there's anything wrong with that') to a runner and, for good measure, could begin to relate to the song "All My Exes Live in Texas".