What is your favorite type of race (Read 701 times)

Track, Road, Trail, or cross coutry. if other post what kind. Also post what distance.

PR's
    800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Mine is a 5k road race.

PR's

1000 meters on the indoor track (even though I haven't run it in months)... although the mile outdoors is a close second...
        PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
          I love Trail/Cross Country anything from 5 to 10 mile

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

By the way: If you're in the eighth grade (you're thirteen, so I'm assuming) and you enjoy baseball, is it baseball or track for you next year in high school? If I can make a suggestion, go with track... I played baseball before high school, and I didn't even try out, and I am not regretting anything... You can never have enough track guys out there, just thought you could use some convincing! Wink
            PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season

Giants Fan

Half marathons! CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

A Saucy Wench

half marathons. 5K's & 10K's you have to work too hard...I'm not comfortable up there at that pace, HM's you run hard, but not as hard, long, but not like a marathon long.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I am going to run Cross Country. I might try out for the baseball team it depends on what my current baseball coach is going to say. I might not run track because i'm not fast and there aren't really events for that. I what to run not jump or throw anything.

PR's

I am going to run Cross Country. I might try out for the baseball team it depends on what my current baseball coach is going to say. I might not run track because i'm not fast and there aren't really events for that. I what to run not jump or throw anything.

PR's

Also how do you add the words in the signature at the bottom of the page.

PR's

Trail, cross country, road, then tracks (outdoor then indoor), then dreadmills, then aqua jogging. I'll take any distance, although I've never raced longer than 50 kilometers yet.
                        Also how do you add the words in the signature at the bottom of the page.
                        In the top right corner, click on options, then forum preferences, and you can enter a "signature" there.

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

600m (usually only run indoor) 4 x 400m, it is the last event, when the meet is on the line whether you are running first or anchoring it home. the teams needs you. If you don't give it everything, you might as well not come to practice the next day or ever. I would have to disagree with avgfrosh. If baseball is your favorite sport (of the two at least) stick with that as long as you can. You will never see that level of competition in your life for that sport. Sure you could play softball, but is isn't the same. Plus the track team is always welcoming to refugees. Note: I quit baseball after 6th grade and ran track 7-12th. I loved all my experiences in track and would recommend it to anyone, but you have to make the decision for yourself. Probably the only thing I would have changed is forcing myself to learn/practice better nutrition/hydration back then. I always had heavy legs. Probally could have had slightly stronger PRs.

The Greatest of All Time

1/2 marathon or longer.
                            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                            Tyler S

I love the mile outdoor as well as the 5k trail races for cross country.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So far anything from 15k - 25k. I'm registered for my first marathon this Fall, though, so we shall see.... Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay