Favorite running quote (Read 3388 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years, then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter. I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to.

- Emil

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

People can't understand why a man runs. They don't see any sport in it. Argue it lacks the sight and thrill of body contact. Yet, the conflict is there, more raw and challenging than any man versus man competition. For in running it is man against himself, the cruelest of opponents. The other runners are not the real enemies. His adversay lies within him, in his ability, with brain and heart to master himself and his emotions...

flatfootruns

Running never gets easy...you just get FASTER...
        DoppleBock

For racing and the pain is almost unbearable

"You can back off when you pass out" - Dopplebock

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

"I use to run to get to where I was going, but I never thought it would take me anywhere." -- Forrest Gump

Are we there yet?

"Never limit where running can take you"

Bart Yasso -  wrote this on the inside cover of his book he signed for me at the SF expo

"The pain will go away but the memory lasts forever" - ChakaKahn

xor

"Never limit where running can take you"

Bart Yasso -  wrote this on the inside cover of his book he signed for me at the SF expo

See now THAT is cool...  when he signed my book, he wrote something about Yasso 800s.  Which, well, okaaaaaay....

TRIing to beat the heat!

Define Yourself- Deena Kastor

I can't even begin to count how many times I had said this mantra over and over again in my head during a race.

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

'You got to get up!'

- HockeyFan, my own personal mantra

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

ohanapecosh

When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. At this point, willpower will be no problem.  - Emil Zatopek, winner of four Olympic Gold Medals

I like this one because it's about having the mental strength to go for a run even when you don't feel like it, something I certainly struggle with.

I look my best blurry!

Favorite running T-shirt

"It's a hill.  Get over it."

Written on the back, of course.

I'm really not sure where I heard this, but I like it:

"No matter how slow I run, I'm still faster than my couch." 

Progress Trumps Pefection

Menace to Sobriety

I'm really not sure where I heard this, but I like it:

"No matter how slow I run, I'm still faster than my couch." 

+1  The best so far.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

On My Horse

Some ones that I really like (might have been posted already, they are pretty popular)

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win."- Anonymous

"My goal is to beat yours." -Dathan Ritzenhein

"After a great workout, you'll happily go hit the weight room, or add extra miles, or eat spinach and broccoli. But what will you do when you're feeling like crap, or all your friends are going out, or it's pouring rain, or you're running poorly? To keep striving over the course of years, you need to smooth out the natural highs and lows of your desire, so that you have a constant and unrelenting force that drives you off the sofa and out to run. Every day. Twice."- Once A Runner

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

the man put the gun away

+1

I am a big fan of the one in your sig.