Favorite running quote (Read 3388 times)

If you have innopportune stomach issues when you're out miles onto the trail:  "leaves of 3 let them be."

I like the lion/gazelle quote a few pages back.

keeponrunning

If you have innopportune stomach issues when you're out miles onto the trail:  "leaves of 3 let them be."

I think that should be followed under any circumstance, but esp. with stomach issues.

P.S.  I have had those "issues" while running on a trail.  1km from finish, had to stop.  I was sure to avoid areas where their were "leaves of three"  I recommend if you cannot identify poison ivy/oak, you better learn if you want to run on trails.  (I have a great eye for the stuff- can recognize it a mile away)

MTA:  Kimmi311, if you decide to run on any of our lovely trails, avoid the edges at all costs.  Their is TONS of poison ivy/sumac in our area.  I cringe when I see people letting their dogs run along the edges, even if they do stay outta my way.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

I look my best blurry!

My favorite is always:     Champions are made when no one is watching

Now there is some advice!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

it's best if you treat it as a 10K race followed by a 20mi recovery jog.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

not really a running quote but my kids have always liked, "some people play with them and some people have them" as well as "yours may be of steel but mine are real"

Beware, batbear...

THOMAS PAINE:  "That which we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly."

I think he was talking about shoes.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

jeffdonahue

"If you feel like crap... run faster.  You won't feel better, but at least you'll be done sooner."

bigkenny

Levy picked up his pace.

William Goldman - Marthon Man

pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Double IPA Please!

Nobody trains to make excuses~ Nike

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

EricY

"it was a left footers course today, and I'm a left footed runner"

-Gerry Lindgren, when asked how he won by a beat reporter who was forced to cover the PAC 10 (then 6 or 8) Cross Country Championships

"I was looking for God during the last mile, but I didn't see him<wbr>. I guess he finished ahead of me too." ...!!

Tangis Khan

my away msg on AIM:

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher

"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs." 

Jesse Owens

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about it, I just do it. The decision has already been made." --Patti Sue Plumer

Tang Clan Running Club www.tangclanrunningclub.blogspot.com
                            jeffdonahue

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about it, I just do it. The decision has already been made." --Patti Sue Plumer

Given the choice I am morel ikely to go runnign than brush my teeth.

beat

Break on through

got hills?  

- Pack Monadnock 10-miler  t-shirt

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."