Goal of Sub-3 Hour Marathon (Read 15845 times)

Kill it spinach! This thread is awesome to read what you guys are doing, the runs you guys pump out are inspiring.. the best of luck. Dig deep, hammer it. And the faster you finish the faster you get to celebrate, whether it's food or beer Wink
    spinach

Thank you all for the well wishes.  Tonight I feel reasonably good for the race tomorrow, I had a long family visit with my niece and nephew and their two kids who just moved out here, my mom and brother were here also, so i had a bit busier day than I usually have before a race, but I feel good about it. Because I won the 50 year old age group last year I am an "Invited Athlete" as my bib says and my number has two digits instead of the 4 digits all the other marathoners have, and I will get to start right at the front so that is pretty neat,  

I think it will be cooler than it was a grandmas, so that is good news.  I will let you know tomorrow how it went.  I am still cautiously optimistic.

spinach

2:59:50  I made it with 9 seconds to spare.

and one of the fastest reports to date! It's barely 10 o'clock here in California.

Outstanding result, congratulations!

I'd love to hear more details when you have the time. And energy.....

John

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.

Awesome job, spinach!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

kcam

Big Congrats, Spinach.  Enjoy.

Now that is some accurate pacing! Brilliant result. Well done.
                  Great news!!!!   Anticipating an equally great report when you have time.   Congratulations and enjoy.

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

After a couple months of just running miles, I ran a 1/2 marathon in San Francisco this morning, hoping to break 1:25.  Race report for those that like that sort of thing can be found here......SF Half Report

- alan

- the grisly details http://alansmiles.blogspot.com

Super run, Spinach. You can count extra for this one. SF is NOT an easy course. 

Congratulations!

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                        After a couple months of just running miles, I ran a 1/2 marathon in San Francisco this morning, hoping to break 1:25.  Race report for those that like that sort of thing can be found here......SF Half Report

- alan

Great race, Alan

What a nice roll you've been on since the surgery. If you can get anything close to good weather in Chicago you're going to smash 3 hours.

Well done

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                          Congrats Alan.   How strong you must have felt the whole way!!!   Very impressive.

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

bhearn

Wow, congratulations!! BTW you also beat me out for closest to 3 without going over. 

- alan

That's a great performance. Yeah, unless it's another cooker at Chicago, you'll have no trouble at all.

DLJ

CONGRATULATIONS SPINACH! What an awesome run and as the others here have already mentioned I can't wait to read the race report. 9 seconds - I can't think of a more rewarding feeling. Achieving this amazing goal and knowing that you did it with nothing to spare. Once again great race.

Alan - nice run on the come back tour. 3 hours should be a breeze for you with these kind of solid results.

Great result Spinach - pinpoint pacing there!  It'll be good to hear more details when you get the chance, especially of those last few miles.

And congratulations Alan on the 1:23 half, the strong finish is a great sign for Chicago.