Quick navigation to course starting point when adding a map? (Read 829 times)

gclaborn

My apologies if this has been asked before... couldn't find it. Could be I'm just missing how to do this Smile but it'd be nice to have a way to quickly navigate to a starting location when adding a map to a course. Having to manually position / zoom N times from the default North America view is tedious. 2 thoughts: 1. Provide entry of address or zip as Google Maps does 2. Store default address / zip in user profiles. Thanks! - George
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi GCLABORN If yoy follow the 'Options' link (top right hand side) and then follow the 'Locale Settings' link this will take you to a list of options about date and time format plus the option to store your 'default' location for creating routes. I think this should help you but if not let me know! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

gclaborn

Thanks, Neil... that helps! This lets me set one starting point, which is useful. But I have courses from home, work, west coast when I'm on business, visiting friends, etc. An address entry ala gmap-pedometer would be more flexible. This is good for now, though. Thanks!
        gclaborn

Hm. I just noticed that Route Mapper under the Tools menu *does* allow you to enter a city and state, but when editing a course, that version does not.
            Hm. I just noticed that Route Mapper under the Tools menu *does* allow you to enter a city and state, but when editing a course, that version does not.
            Hi George, The edit course page does too; if you fill out the "Location" field (in the "Course Info" section) and hit "Find", it will pan the map to that location. -brian
            gclaborn

(Dope-slap) Duh!! Thanks Brian. I was looking in the map box itself.