It was 40, err, 46 years ago today... (Read 788 times)

an amazing likeness

I work with a woman who saw the Beatles live at Ed Sullivan and Shea stadium. I think this is amazingly cool. Whenever we meet anyone new together, I tell the new person "this is X, she saw the Beatles live, twice".  Used to be everyone would light up and invariably say "wow". Now...not so much.

Hey Jeff -- one time you posted a great message about some Beatles releases that were designed for mono and sucked in stereo....is that still around?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

ymmv

p.s. The Beatles recorded "Strawberry Fields" during the Pepper sessions, but it ended up on Magical Mystery Tour. If "Strawberry Fields" would have been on Pepper in place of "Lovely Rita", the record would have been mind-blowing.

--JimmyCool

I was a teenager when Sgt Pepper came out. Replacing 'Lovely Rita' with 'Strawberry Fields' would have diminished the album for me. Strawberry Fields worked best paired with Penny Lane.

great review on sgt peppers & The Beatles!  easily the greatest & most influential rock & roll band ever!    I have lots of other favorite bands but they are all tied for 2nd behind the Beatles.   I grew up with them & my 2 daughters (24,25) grew up with them & they would agree that the Beatles are #1.   some of my best memories are road trips where the 3 of us would listen & sing with the Beatles the whole trip & drive my wife crazy.  We each would have our own parts.

July 19th Paul McCartney at Safeco Field in Seatte.  I know its not the same as a full Beatles concert but will still be a great time.  3rd time

My sister bought the album when it first came out. I begged her to borrow it to take over to a friends place so we could all listen to it.

Rode over on my bike and while opening the gate on the drive I held the album upside down and it fell out of the sleeve, and my bicyle tyre went over it wrecking one side.

I bought her a replacement.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey Jeff -- one time you posted a great message about some Beatles releases that were designed for mono and sucked in stereo....is that still around?

Yup.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.