A very cool idea (Read 506 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't believe it's on the market yet.  Earbuds that monitor HR, respiration, O2, etc.

that is pretty cool. thanks for sharing the link.

Neat! Thanks!

MTA:  Looks like they are launching them in March: link

MTA: Not sure how happy I would be running with that thing around my neck....

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Oh, thing around neck.  Somewhat less cool, but maybe thing can become smaller, or built into player?

MTA: Yeah, I think I'd wait for an improved design.  I like to run light.  Still, it makes sense:  Your ear is a window into a lot of your body's data.

npaden

On my long runs I wear a bluetooth headset that has something similar around my neck.

It's not too bad, although you really can't get away without wearing a collared shirt or it rubs your skin after a while.

To me it's better than having the wire run all the way down to a phone or device on your arm or waist.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I don't know:

Collar activated

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

nice Big grin

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Whew, I was <this> close to putting one of those things on!

That pic always makes me think of autoerotic asphyxiation.  (But in a funny way!)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Ugh, I don't think the answer is carrying more crap while running.

---------