hey from vietnam! - question re: nike+ (Read 596 times)

anyone know if nike+ calibration gets fucked up over long flights? it said i ran 3.1 in 20 minutes today when i was purposely running slowly (to landmark my way so as not to get lost) and... i think it was wrong. alternatively: anyone know what the odds of finding an authentic or at least reliable forerunner/forerunner knock-off in the streets of hanoi or saigon... Confused

Imminent Catastrophe

Don't have the Nike+ but I do have the Polar, another accelerometer-based device. It tends to lose accuracy if you change speeds from where you calibrated it, also on hills.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

i calibrated it on a track, and where i've been running in hanoi, it's very flat-- so i don't think that's the issue. and i'm running more slowly here b/c i'm landmarking and sort of sightseeing as i go (today i took a route that took me through a street of fruit stalls! so colorful!), but not so slowly that it could be considered walking or anything slow enough to completely undo the calibration, i don't think? just annoying. i put it on sleep mode just to avoid this sort of thing and only brought it so that i could measure my running accurately while traveling (no google/RA mapping for most of vietnam!). here's one more situation where a GPS system would be of more use, i suppose...!