Shameless Self Promotion: Photo of Long Run Nick BQ TLH Marathon Finish (Read 1027 times)

My therapist has told me I was hugged too much as a child, and not enough now, but, what does he know? Anyways, I wanted to post a photo of me in my profile but I am clueless. Scanners, upload, download, whatever? So, the following website www.peachsports.com has the finish photo. Look for 3 hr finishers. Go to page 8. Photo #128. Time shows 3:57:48. My time (no chips) was 3:47:57 on my Garmie. Actually, I am posting this because of the numerous requests for a picture of me over on the old CR and a few here on RA. OK, I'll get honest. No one has ever requested to see what I look like. Oh, my legs are normally not quite so spindly--I think they shrunk after mile 23. I tried to copy/ paste the actual website page and screwed that up. Getting older isn't all it is cracked up to be. Thanks for letting me share---AND--letting me be me. Nick Smile PS: my legs were always spindly--so don't worry what yours will look like when you get to 65,000 miles. Wink
      http://photos.peachsports.com/p/05_finish_hr_3/finish_hr_3_12834#photo_s is the best I can do, looks like their site won't give me the properties of just the photo itself? Anyway, looking darned good for a BQ Nick. I always look like Death is about to poke me with his bony finger and tell me it's time to go.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Thanks for sharing. Nice race too! Smile

Michelle

I love being able to put a face to the name now! And since youre such an inspiration to me, may I ask if you walked the race at all? I always repeat 2 sayings I got from you when I am out on a long run - "Just enjoy the run" and "Its ok to walk" So i'm just curious.... thanks and good job!
            I love being able to put a face to the name now! And since youre such an inspiration to me, may I ask if you walked the race at all? I always repeat 2 sayings I got from you when I am out on a long run - "Just enjoy the run" and "Its ok to walk" So i'm just curious.... thanks and good job!
            Mr. Advocate of run/walk--especially for folks just getting started--did not walk during the marathon. Well, the first several water stops I did--a little. I was fortunate to have two friends of mine (sub 3 hr marathoner and a recent Iron Man finisher run with me for the last 18 miles. They carried the water and the Powergel--I just had to run. I had trained well:55-60 mile weeks. I had run more in 2007 (2,386 miles)--mostly low heart rate stuff-- than I have since 1984. I felt very fit and tapered wisely. I felt real good till mile 24. The last 2 miles my pace dropped of right at 9 min miles to a 9:14 and a 9:19--though I knew I had made my goal of running under 4 hrs--so I didn't go all out--not that I could have done much more. I have gotten a little lazy over the years and wanted to finish standing up and not dry heaving. Mission accomplished. I am greatful. Thanks. Nick
              I have gotten a little lazy over the years and wanted to finish standing up and not dry heaving.
              Ha! I KNEW you were a slacker! Wink Just kidding. I think you're amazing. And an inspiration. Keep the sage advice coming. Congrats again on your BQ and thanks for sharing the photo. Have a blast in Boston! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evtish

lrn

Another Passion

Cool. Cool

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com